ZOOBIES

Viewing 7 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Agree or disagree.

Utes will need to roll into provostan and put a bully beat down on the lowly cougs. to make a statement and get the ball rolling for the rest of the season. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Utah O-block should bully BYU’s green new d-line for the Dub!

3 2

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I think we win but once again just because it’s in porvo and it’s a rivalry we win by a touchdown or less unfortunately.

We have a lot of talent on the team but we don’t know who the qb will be and how effective they will be. The same can also be said at rb too. From all of my zoobie friends it sounds like they will have a strong D and run game which does make things closer in my mind than what we’d like to admit

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

You shouldn’t listen to BYU fans about anything. Their run d is gonna be soooooooft.

ALUF
          Ute Fan
          @dbgii77

Hope you’re right because it is then we win EASY

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

They lost their best interior linemen and even last year they weren’t great against the run. Also they’re inexperienced and thin at DB. Their defense is not going to be good. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

We don’t know which QB will start among several QBs better than those at the Y. Would we become confident in beating Ohio State because they are trying to settle on a QB or would you expect to have your hands full with a mystery QB? The 2020 season made it appear that the Y had closed the gap with us however, 2021 will expose the gap again. Next, the 2020 season followed 2019 when they beat an awful Tennessee team and surprised Helton and a freshman QB with a drop 8 scheme to get a win (but they also lost to 3 G5 teams). The first was a once a decade break, the second a once a century break. But so close together can appear like a trend of improvement.

The Y will have a QB that needs to find comfort with pressure and coverage that is much better than anything they saw last year. Their RB will face a stout front six that is not worried about the back end doing their job (something the Y cultivates to win). The Y does have an advanced scheme and experience with TEs that will create cracks of hope for them and provide us a good drill for defense later on. Their defense will be encountering problems not seen since 2019.

The U will want to win using vanilla often seen plays on offense. Only starting in week 4 will we see the finer points of what Ludwig can create with the new personnel in both the running and passing game. There will be an interest in working the 2s and 3s into the early games to grow options for the long league stretch ahead. The U will trot only as much as needed to win with comfort which will continue the narrative that it is closer than it actually is. The days of the Y snatching some lightning late in the game to catch us will be rare and will not be this year.

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

Did they use that advanced offense on Corner Canyon, whoops I mean Coastal Carolina? Or did they decide to leave it home that day?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

NO. It needs to be by more than 7.5 points. 

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

A beatdown will shut them up until the Sears cup winner is announced. What the hell is the Sears cup, and why should we care about it. Zoobs are like COVID, they keep coming back in different variants with no end in sight.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

A beatdown will not shut them up. They will just claim that they gave us the game.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Is 54-10 didn’t shut them up, nothing will

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

COVID is more tolerable.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Its the rivlery game, the only thing I can predict is a win. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The score never matters in that game. Even traditional stats don’t matter. All that matters is a win especially when it is their bowl game.
      I feel like they are replacing far more than Utah. That rush d is going to be soft. Especially if you remember the last time Utah played them. Essentially Moss and the Oline did a 8 minute drive to kneel it out.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We need an 8+ point win. Baby needs a new pair of shoes. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I’m a little sad they won’t have one of the Utes biggest assets in Zach Wilson. He would throw more Utah touchdowns than the Utah qb. He was a real team player that way!

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I absolutely agree we need to drub them savagely.  Sadly however, we won’t.  Whittingham has too much love for Sitake, so he won’t do anything to embarrass him, or cost him his job.  Whittingham will go up by no more the 3-scores, then burn clock, while the tdS mounts a furious comeback, utilitizing high-risk, high-reward plays, that if they work, will make the game look closer than it really was.  

The game will end with Utah taking a knee — even if we’re well within additional scoring range.

Oh well.  There’s no point in opening our playbook to them.  We need to keep some surprises for USC.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.