A New Beginning

Viewing 31 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Congrats on the new board. Being asked to pay for the garbage posted on Utefans.net was basically an insult.

My advice: No Politics, no religion and no 24/7 monitoring of Cougarboard. Also, no star rating BS which creates treehouse gangs who squash independent thinkers/posters.

Finally, please leave Travis Wilson’s mother on the other board.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I’m ready to play!

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Yes, ready for a fresh start for utefans, and myself. From 480ute to AZswayze. Feels good.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Consider this a red star. That is funny as hell.

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

This is brilliant.

RIP

OHIOUTE
        Ute Fan
        @ohioute22

I was excited for this site….. Then I saw Moose Stubing whistle is here….. Cue the Moronic flow…

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Agreed to all of the above. The obsession with you know who down south gets tedious. I think posting about religion and politics is fine as long as there is a location for that stuff. After all, people should get to know each other on a chat board. Just keep it civil.

We will rock U
        Ute Fan
        @wewillrocku

If religion and politics don’t have their own categories it seems like they creep into other areas. I actually liked all the side conversations on UFN. As for a Zoob category, who cares? You know we will talk about them anyway.

1Colonial
      @1colonial

I’m in, Adios Utefans!

Crimson Clover
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonclover

I hope this site takes off. On uf.n I was “Big Apple Ute” but I haven’t lived in the big apple for over a decade, so I figured a change was in order. I’m now in Boston so this was the best I could come up with!

TorontoUte
      Ute Fan
      @torontoute

I actually only ever lurked on ufn, but never registered because the product wasn’t worth paying for

UTE Stuck in VA
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinva

Same here. I tried to be an active poster over there, at one time, but it just wasn’t worth it. Instead, I ended up lurking there almost on a daily basis for news and updates about the team, but that’s it. Here’s to making this site kick ass.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

the site is only as good as it’s posters. We all have a chance to be part of the solution. I love Boston. I wish I could afford to go there every spring and run in one of the greatest sporting events on the planet.

Esoterik
      Ute Fan
      @scoby

Star system encourages bullying and discourages users to post, esp new users imo.

We will rock U
        Ute Fan
        @wewillrocku

I do like some sort of positive feedback system. Kinda like the reddit upvote or FB “like”. Just my 0.02

bighand
      Ute Fan
      @bighand

I’m just excited to have a new place to discuss the Utes, I was a lurker on utefans but am looking forward to being a little more active.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Love this new format. I can actually view it on my phone without getting rage.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This new board works great on my phone. I was a poster
      on Utefans,left and just lurked. As much as they obsess over BYU’s moral superiority many of those people needed to remove the beam in their own eye first. Also I have noticed the past year or so many of the actual “insiders” stopped posting.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Omg, what a joy to viw this site from my tablet.

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

We should take this to Twitter. Let people know Ute Hub is around.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Just checked #utehub hashtag and discovered @utehub appears to be owned by some German Egg. For some reason I thought that was kinda funny and didn’t expect it at all.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m in too. I was UtahUte05 on UF.net. O5 because I graduated in 2005. I thought it was good at the time, but I soon wished that it wasn’t so generic. Thanks for the invite.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Your name sucks, shows a lack of creativity.

OHIOUTE
          Ute Fan
          @ohioute22

That didn’t take long……

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

And that goes without saying. Moose can’t cover his own tracks long…

LuckyNumber7
      Ute Fan
      @luckynumber7

Okay. Finally got that figured out. Had to re-register, as I did it wrong the first time. See post above.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m really stunned with the massive positive response so far! You guys are blowing my mind.

Thanks very much.

the site is only as good as it’s posters. We all have a chance to be part of the solution.

True statement above. I can help provide the infrastructure but without good members and content it will go nowhere.

OHIOUTE
      Ute Fan
      @ohioute22

Newmanscott22 checking in…..
      Quick question I had for the ufn board was how much did it actually cost per year to actually keep the site up and running?

DropOutUte
        Ute Fan
        @dropoutute

I seriously doubt it cost much money to keep that site running. Hosting is super cheap and the bandwidth for a site like that is pretty low. I bet it runs fine on shared hosting. If I had to guess it would cost $500 a year tops unless they were running it on a dedicated server which I highly doubt but maybe I’m wrong.

Crimson Kid
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonkid

I was on the message board that led up to UFN since 1998. My membership on UFN shows May 2, 2002 which was the second day of existence for UFN. I used to post a lot there, but have slowly gone away. I still go there to get info, but sadly, other sources are much better for information. I used to love the insider info that would be posted there, like Maake posting information about practices, etc.
      Over the past few years, I was really turned off by the sophomoric bantering and the inside jokes with the board “elite”. I never got involved with any of the parties or events either. I think I donated $20.00 when I first signed up, which was to get my lifetime membership. Then I started getting hit up for donations. At one point, everyone had to donate or they would lose their membership. I think I gave another $25.00 or so. Maybe that is why I never received the big prize for winning the guessing contest one year for the basketball season. Oh well.
      I did when some nice prizes from WebMonkey when my post was the 1 million post on the site. I guess we probably won’t see the site make it to 2 million.

Here’s to a new beginning – just don’t start begging for donations every few months

norm
        Ute Fan
        @norm

Then I started getting hit up for donations. At one point, everyone had to donate or they would lose their membership. I think I gave another $25.00 or so.

So, I never did lose my donor status after I didn’t feel like paying that mandatory donation to keep donor status. Unless I got lucky, I think that was just an empty threat.

Hockeybeard
          Ute Fan
          @hockeybeard

Same. I never re-upped and I kept all the same privileges.

Crimson Kid
            Ute Fan
            @crimsonkid

Damn. money down the drain. Oh well, I think I scored about $200 in prizes so I still came out ahead.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Interesting. Over on the suggestions board here I posted that they should create a snarky comments forum and limit such comments to that forum, thereby cleaning up the Sports Forum. I too was turned off by the Snarky comments at UFN, but I see them appearing here. I would like the sports forums to be simply sports forums and not some competition to be king smartass.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

“the board elite” ain’t that the truth. i got into a discussion on phillip rivers with a few of those guys. you’d think i’d just called their baby ugly cuz i’m not a big fan of his. in any event, this is a breath of fresh air and i’ll be here daily. don’t you dare disagree with a top 25 poster LMAO

Anonymous
          Inactive

What’s funny is that soon the “Board Elite” over at UFN will only have themselves to post to each other. UFN will become the Ashley Madison of Ute Sports: Board Elite goes there to post snarky comments to Board elite.

Lellie
            Ute Fan
            @uterific

Thank you for your comment about the board folk on UFN.

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

yep, it’s pretty much a mutual masturbation session. occasionally, someone breaks the circle jerk

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Hi guys. I’m looking forward to a new board with a better format as well. I didn’t post much on uf.net, I’ll try posting here a bit more. I’d really like a Utah message board that sees a lot of traffic and conversation. The one thing I will give Cougarboard credit for, that place is busy. Let’s make this place busy.

Beat Oregon!

MundeeL
      Ute Fan
      @mundeel

I used to post quiet a bit on the old ESPN boards and on RealsFansStand, before they disappeared. Since then I’ve just been lurking. I’m excited to be back though.

Go Utes!

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

I was just over on Cougarboard and all the right-wing Mormons were saying that Travis’ mom was……

Just kidding.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Didn’t Travis Wilson’s mother post on UFN that she stopped shaving at the start of the season and would not shave until Utah lost?

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

Loving this board. It’s so friendly to my iPad and iPhone.

taragon85
      Ute Fan
      @taragon85

This is built in Wordpres, no? If so can we suggest some plugins?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes. Suggest away.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

This is my first post on this new board. Testing, testing. 1, 2.

Is this mic on?

Henry Johnston
        Ute Fan
        @henryj80

Keep posting. I like your icon.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Reading you loud and clear.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Glad to have you.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Hello Utes…another ex-ufn member. Although I didn’t post frequently on ufn, I had been a member there since 10/2003. Left ufn over a year ago and have been only been lurking a bit there. Also, am a member of Utahby5, which has been pretty good so far.

Look forward to interacting with fellow Utes here and to having a more positive experience.

Go Utes!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Those of you that have posted on UF.N will know me as Utehawk15. Those from Twitter or Utahby5 will know me by SigmaUte.

Not sure if I’ll stick with IowaUte, its pretty generic.

I really want this site to work out. It is nice to have a owner/admin that actually puts time into the site & updates it. I don’t mean to knock WM as he has other things he needs to deal with, but I wish he would have at least turned the site over to those that want to improve it.

Anyways, glad to be here!

Go Utes!

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Alright, Alright, Alright!

TorontoUte
      Ute Fan
      @torontoute

This is like an AA group but for ufn… Hi my name is Jerry

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Hi I’m maximumkungfu and I’m a Ute-aholic…
        One step at a time.

Texasute
      Ute Fan
      @texasute

This is a breathe of fresh air. Unfortunately I have to agree with everyone’s comments regarding UF.N. I use to post there daily, but for the past year or so have mostly just lurked.

I really look forward to this site being successful.

yagute
      Ute Fan
      @yagute

I stopped posting at UF.N about six years ago. I’ve lurcked from time to time and the one thing I really missed are the funny GIFs that would be posted there. So if any of you continue to post those gifs, it’s more than likely I’ll get a kick out of seeing them.

Devildog
      Ute Fan
      @devildog

I’m not going to miss the pop up adds on Utefans or the elders quorum on Utah by 5.

Hope this place is a new direction for Utah sports.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for all the comments.

I really hope this becomes the end all Ute fan site! That can only happen with great members.

Viewing 31 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A New Beginning