After rewatching the ASU game…

Viewing 5 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

The Sun Devils dropped a lot of passes including one in the endzone. Great play by Hatfield to chop the receiver down. Could’ve been a different outcome had the ASU receivers hung on to a few of those passes? Nice watching another team drop passes for a change.

No matter, on to the Coliseum. Beat SC!

GO UTES!

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Regression to the mean. I remember some games last year (and several in 2013) where it felt like opposing WRs were catching every freaking ball in their vicinity

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

When you’re being upended like that it’s hard to override your reflexes and focus on catching the ball. Brilliant play by Hatfield.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Ty Smith attempted a one-handed catch near the end zone and whiffed. I think we kicked a fg on that drive.

It goes both ways.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

He had to try the catch one-handed because his other hand was being held by the defender.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

That is correct. No way was that a 50-50 ball, it should have been a PI on the Defender.

Can’t get them all.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Are you saying we are “lucky?” 🙂

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

No, not ‘luck’ Tony, but I can think of one game in particular last year that would’ve had a different outcome say if “Dropsy” Dres Anderson caught the ball? haha

I can go back two years and think of some games that might have had a different outcome if Ute receivers caught the ball (OSU and UCLA).

I still think the Utes beat ASU, but the score might’ve been much, much closer.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Don’t remind me of that game. That was horrible.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After rewatching the ASU game…