Helmets

Viewing 8 reply threads

Acenuts
      @acenuts

Maybe this is a dumb question, but are the helmets simply painted to the new look each week or does each player have a helmet in each color scheme? Asking for a friend….

Acenuts
      @acenuts

My thought is they are painted each week. I credit Rudy for this thought.

AltaUte
      @altaute

each player has 4 helmets.
      2 red (1 regular / 1 satin)
      1 white
      1 black

all other helmet variations are based on the different stickers they put on them
      Utah Football Equipment had a video about it a few weeks ago and said that each player gets their own helmet in each color.

KonaUte
        Ute Fan
        @konaute

Where can I find this video they made? Link?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Cool information. I remember visiting Notre Dame’s locker room and seeing the shiny gold helmets. They are painted before every game and there’s “real gold” in the paint… That’s what they told me.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

This is true. There is a student organization that paints them before every game & the paint includes real gold flakes

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

didn’t ND change to stickers this year?

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

I believe read somewhere ND stopped painting the helmets over the last few years.

Acenuts
      @acenuts

Thanks for the info!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I was at ND when the Utes were there last. What was that maybe 3-4 years ago? Wynn was QB. That was an awful performance by the Utes but a great experience.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I was at the game as well. The Notre Dame fans (for the most part) were very welcoming & classy. Was horrible, rainy game that I would like to forget, but the overall experience was cool.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Actually that was the game right after the tragedy that occurred the last time Game Day was at Utah.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.