I'm done with UFN

Viewing 15 reply threads

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

During the summer, things are tough on a fan board, but that place went so far off the deep end and I really don’t care for the “regulars” there. We are 2 weeks away from the season starting with camp reports coming in regularly and I still only see BYU bashing, politics and outright civil war over there. I come here in peace and love what I am seeing. All about our Utes and good convos.

Thanks for providing a new home to a Ute wanderer.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Welcome, Thlete 🙂

It’s fun here. Not quite the self-perpetuating cesspool elsewhere. Respect is the name of the game on this board, and I, for one, am very glad.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Welcome aboard. Some people will say this place does not have the posting traffic that UFN does. If you filtered out all the unwanted garbage over at UFN, I think you’d be surprised how little there really is over there.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Welcome.  I like it over here.  No politics, theology, ideology, and most importantly no linked posts to cougarboard.  UFN has turned into that weird guy who’s always peeking out his window at the neighbors next door.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jamarcus24.

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I stopped visiting that site months ago. The obsession over there with BYU and the LDS church is beyond unhealthy. I enjoy that people here actually talk about Utah sports.

2 1

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

It is Whitt’s fault for effectively locking the media out of practices. That makes it hard to even discuss practice reports because there is little pick through.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah. Troy Williams is our starter and NO ONE has even seen anything he can do. It’s strange.

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

That’s the frustrating thing about fall camp.  It’s like the NFL preseason.  You go through it and you don’t really know anything more about your team than you already did in July.

We won’t know anything about Troy until we play SUU and even after that game we still probably won’t know that much about him.  I hope Whittingham doesn’t wait until conference play to turn him loose.  I understand keeping him under wraps against SUU but I hope come byu we can see what he can really do.

5 1

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I would love nothing more than for Troy Williams to get 3 quarters of rest against BYU, because we were beating them so badly.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Travis Wilson basically got that after 8 minutes in the Vegas bowl.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Welcome @Thlete

Glad to have you here.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

@thlete Yeah that site is horrible. Glad to have you.

Bring others with ye who are likeminded if you can!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am in the same boat. That place used to be great, but it’s frustrating now.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I’m feeling the same way.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

I don’t need to pile on, if there are people that still like the vibe at uf.n, good for them. It isn’t my cup of tea. I will say I am glad Tony saw a need for a different Utah message board and created it.

I hope we do keep this Utah-centric and respectful. There are plenty of places to argue politics, religion, etc. I really just wanted a place I could talk about the Utes and hear what others think.

As for Troy, I would love to be able to see more of what is going on as well, but I think Whitt, while not obvious, is a pretty straight shooter. He says Troy makes good reads, takes care of the ball, has a good arm, is always in the film room. I could be wrong, but all I have heard from Whitt is praise for Troy. I think that is a very good sign. I probably need to quit beating this drum, or I will supplant Utah as the board optimist aka Troy’s Mom 😉

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by UtahSig.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Based on the short video of highlights from today’s scrimmage, I just have to say that it is amazing what a high release point and some accuracy can do for the throw game.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Yeah, Whit is pretty over the top secretive this time of year, but I remember reading a few years ago ESPN PAC-12 blogger, Ted Miller saying that Whit doesn’t mince words often – he will tell you exactly what he thinks about his team: good or bad. That’s why when I heard on the radio after the Michigan game last year that we kept the plan vanilla since we felt confident we could beat them without anything fancy and Whit said “we are going to be one tough football team to beat this year” I got REALLY excited for the rest of the year.

I’m trying to temper my expectations, but August is for excitement and anticipation, right? Things are sounding as good as they possibly can right now and the best part is (knock on wood) no major injuries to key players that I can see. Biggest victory you can have in camp.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I posted this somewhere else, but when Whitt was a DC, he would do scores every week on the radio and he was crazy accurate.

He knows everything about everyone. He knows every stat out there. He knows how the game will finish before it’s played. That is why he is so good.

With that, he is an open book. He tells it like it is. When he says he is worried about the WR’s and QB…it’s because they aren’t where they need to be.

This fall he has said he needs WR’s to step up besides Patrick and we need a 3rd RB. Well, you know what we need.

What I like is he isn’t mentioning the LB’ers as a weakness anymore. He has said that Luafatasaga needs to get better, but that our LB’ers are good.

He says the QB is looking good and the battle is for 2 and 3.

WR is it. That is what we need. We are very, very good.

ttexastim
      Ute Fan
      @ttexastim

Just reading this thread get’s me stoked for this year!!!

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Amen. It has gone completely off the deep end. I’ve never seen a fan base more obsessed over a rival than UF.N. It almost makes me embarrassed to be a Ute…almost. Then add on top of that the constant Mormon bashing and political rants and it is unbearable.

Like someone above said, the actual posts on football and the season are negligible and probably is fewer than here. Hopefully, this site will continue to grow in traffic and usage.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I'm done with UFN