Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Tim Patrick?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      GadValleyUte
      Participant

Is he for real? Do you think when he comes up against PAC12 DBs he’ll still be making plays like he has been? He impressed me in 2014, but I believe he still had Dres as a counter balance opponents needed to cover.
      I hope it doesn’t happen, but I wonder how much our pass game shrinks from it’s already shriveled state entering P12 play.

Am I being a downer for no reason?

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

He looks like a real-deal Pac12 level receiver to me.

MTM
      Participant

“Am I being a downer for no reason?”

Yes.

I still believe the single, most important move made in the off season is Guy Holiday.

I think our entire receiving corp is vastly improved and there are 3 or 4 guys who can get open now.

Tomasina
        Participant

I could not agree more.  I was excited when we were able to pick up Guy Holiday, and my excitement has felt justified with the new season.  Watching the Y drop balls has confirmed that

Kirk Herbstreet
          Participant

Guy Holliday may end up being the best offensive hire since Dennis Erickson. Although Jim Harding seems to be an excellent add as well. Quite frankly, I think with what I have seen from the offense (so far), Aaron Rodrick is starting to show some real worth as well. I kinda like where the staff sits right now.

Utah
      Participant

Whitt has said repeatedly that he has NFL talent. Whitt has said he’s the best WR we’ve had since Josh Gordon. So….

He may be for real.

Tacoma Ute
        Participant

Gordon may be the most talented player we’ve ever had on campus. Too bad he was a head case and never played a down. Oh well. We didn’t exactly have Tom Brady to throw it to him.

Utah
          Participant

He’s one of those “what ifs”. How different would Travis/our passing game been with him for a year?

balayaute
      Participant

Tim Patrick is a stud. Im excited to have butler-byrd back and playing too. That move he had against SJSU was ridiculous. Im thinking those two together will be a pretty damn good duo.

3UteDad

I think he’s for real, just because of his height and sticky hands relative to what we have seen from Ute receivers the last few years. I think he now has the attention of PAC 12 defensive coordinators, so he will see more safety help and zone coverage. We’ll find out how he does in traffic.

ironman1315
      Participant

That should open up Byrd and co.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.