Kayden
      Ute Fan
      @runniute6

Meh

6 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Ranking is irrelevant rn. Win Friday and you get a conference championship trophy plus trip to a Rose Bowl. Lose Friday and you go to the Alamo. Doesn’t matter if Utah’s ranked 10 or 17 or 24. Still the exact same stakes.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Rankings matter. They matter to current players, recruits and future rankings (next year).
        Everything you said is true, but rankings also matter.

5 1

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

Of course they matter. I just said they’re irrelevant “rn” (right now). For this week and the bowl game, Utah’s ranking doesn’t matter. It’ll be fully decided in the field.

UtesRule
            Ute Fan
            @utesrule

Rankings do matter but the most important ranking BY FAR is the ranking at the end of the season. If Utah wins Friday and then wins the Rose Bowl (ESPECIALLY if it is over a very quality, highly respected team like Ohio State) Utah will be very highly ranked (I’m guessing 5-8 range, which would set them up to be very highly ranked going into next season.

Go Utes…Beat the freaking Quacks!!

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I was hoping Utah would be higher but they are the highest ranked 9-3 team.

I’ll echo everyone else, if Utah wins out they’ll be top 10 and bringing back a lot of talent next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.