20 bad ideas to replace the bouncy house

Viewing 9 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

What I’ve found professionally is that if I don’t give myself the liberty to find bad ideas, it becomes significantly harder to find good ideas. So…20 bad ideas to replace the bouncy house. For everyone’s collective enjoyment.

1. Zipline someone from the top of the West side to the top of the East side fully decked out in Ute gear (maybe even a Ute chief himself). Maybe even let him throw a spear to hit midfield. Dangerous but I did say these were bad ideas.
      2. Flamethrowers. ‘Nuff said.
      3. A squadron of drones that are linked and make all sorts of awesome shapes or whatever.
      4. Local heroes run out with the team (nurses, policemen, teachers, etc.)
      5. Kids run out with water guns with the team.
      6. No more stupid crazy lady dance, please. It’s not funny or catching on. Instead, we’d do a holographic 4th quarter hype video. Just projections onto the field. We could turn off all the lights. It could be awesome.
      7. Light the Olympic torch with a flaming arrow shot by a Ute before every fourth quarter or after each home win.
      8. Laser show into the sky (non-harmful ones obviously)
      9. Absolute silence from the crowd until our first first-down and then we go absolutely ballistic. Kinda like that high school that freaks out after their tenth point.
      10. Pre-game state fair kinda thing so we get there early. IMO, we could seriously improve the pre-game experience for fans.
      11. Student section stampede like Utah State did years ago. Thousands of students marching with flags, banners, and noisemakers before the game. We could start it at President’s Circle or something.
      12. Post-game song that the whole crowd sings win or lose
      13. More chants than we currently have. I love the “I believe” chant but that’s Utah State’s and I don’t want to steal too much from them.
      14. Student-made logo for one of the field-goal nets?
      15. No choreographed dances from the players. I think that’s tacky. I love the motorcycle. What if Utes on horses took the field with them? Cavalry lead the charge 😀
      16. Turn the lights down super low (may not be possible because the massive lights we use need to be heated up slowly so they don’t break right?) and do focused light on the players coming in like NBA entrances?
      17. When the opposing team takes the field, our entire crowd turns around or looks at their phone or something.
      18. Everyone in the stands uses their phone light to do some signal to start the fourth quarter
      19. Whole team slip n’ slides onto the field. Don’t ask me how this would work. Again, bad ideas are welcome.
      20. After the whole team runs out, they go to the U, take a knee united in gratitude to play this game in front of a crowd again. When they jump up, the whole crowd jumps with them. Beginning each game with an earthquake, literally.

What are your bad ideas to replace the bouncy house?

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

A bare chested man on horseback with long black thin hair who rides in with a spear and plunges it into a stuffed cougar. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Actually a couple of your ideas are pretty good: #4, #3 (I could pilot the drones), #11 (kind of like Notre Dame does). 

None of the ideas with the arrows being shot or indian chief’s will fly. Too many overly sensitive woke feewings will be hurt.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Slip n slide! Use gas and soap for the slide, add match, instant bad idea!

4 2

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

Pass on anything involving people in any kind of Indian costume or paraphernalia.

Let’s not start that up again.

Otherwise, some interesting thoughts and thing to develop further.

7 3

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I could get behind the “no more stupid crazy lady danc[ing]”.  Yessir!  I’m firmly in THAT camp!

Might wanna nix any laser shows though. You wouldn’t want to bring Marjorie Taylor Greene to Utah would ya? She’d amend her conspiracy theory about the Jews starting wildfires with space lasers to include the Mormons as well!

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Two words:  Freestyle motocross!  Two more words: AC/DC, pyrotechnics! 

Welcome to Utah! (In a Sevier county accent)

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

My suggestion: Make the atmosphere more violent ala Crvena zvezda, Dinamo Zagreb, Feyenoord, and the like – sharpened nickles, D-batteries, bags of urine, flares, clubs, Dr. Martin’s boots, boots, boots. Make opposing teams scared to play there, and make opposing fans frightened to attend away games.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

My suggestion: Make the atmosphere more violent ala Crvena zvezda, Dinamo Zagreb, Feyenoord, and the like – sharpened nickles, D-batteries, bags of urine, flares, clubs, Dr. Martin’s boots, boots, boots. Make opposing teams scared to play there, and make opposing fans frightened to attend away games.

Hahaha so let’s make it like Laramie, basically. 🙂

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Never heard Laramie was a violent place to play. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Holograms replay historic moments in Utah football on the field.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Play baby shark at the beginning of 1st and 4th quarter when the opposing team/offense gets the ball.

DB’s can just go “do do do doododododo” all game long

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 20 bad ideas to replace the bouncy house