2018 Football Schedule Announced

Viewing 7 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

https://www.utehub.com/schedules/?season_id=4&task=sport&sport_id=1
      http://www.utahutes.com/news/2017/11/15/2018-utah-football-schedule-is-announced.aspx
      No real surprises here, team-wise. Six home games. Have an early bye week again. Playing TDS-P as the very last game of the season. Guess we’re done trying to force a rivalry with the Boofalos?

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

You beat my by one minute, I was just about to post.

Hate that we play those Jack-nobs right after Thanksgiving. Perhaps they’ll be so bad and unmotivated we can run up the score into the 60s by that time.

3 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Why the holy hell are we playing BYU at the end of the season? I loved getting that game done early so we can focus on games that actually mean something.

Playing a BYU team with literally nothing to play for on the final game of the season? That’s just a recipe for disaster.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Or they have everything to play for, since it’s their Super Bowl. They could be 0-11 and still get up for that game for a chance to knock us off.

Either way, I don’t like playing them period.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Why the holy hell are we playing BYU ever?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Old news I was p**sed about this years ago. Pac12 allowed it because the ratings sucked for Colorado v Utah. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

This is 100% false. The game is late because USC plays ND late and it gives a team a week off at the end of the year. 

This way all 12 teams play the last week. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is absolute stupidity.  So we don’t get THREE games as a pre-confernence season to get tuned up? Complete bullsh*t. Then when our pac-12 season is over we have to play another game against the douchebags down south?  What benefit AT ALL is this to us? 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

After Covey scores his 5th TD against TDS and we are 11-1 you won’t care as much anymore.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Look at that schedule. We could lose our first five Pac-12 season games easily. That could be a tougher schedule than this year.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I’m a bit surprised some people didn’t know that the Utes play the tds as the final game next year. If you like that, in 2019, the Utes play those ankle-biters the FIRST game of the season. I believe? 

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

The BYU game was announced years ago. I guess people have short memories. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I’m more disappointed that the zoo game at the end means one less pre Pac-12 season game. Then we go to Washington? Ouch.

4 4

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

We talked about this ages ago. Chris Hill got pantsed bent over and proper liked on this deal. It was the whole audit crap if I remember correctly where missing keys for the Huntsman facility warranted a threat of pulled funding. 

We shouldn’t be surprised with how this Legislature functions in this state. The Draper prison land grab for money. The homeless shelter gafaw with current ongoing spending of 67 million dollars. Spending 40 million on an Olympic bid again.  

Protecting the interests of a private institution that makes zero dollars for you. Yet at the U it has been nothing but profitable. Profitable for the wrong people is all they dont like. 

End rant. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I would prefer to never play them again, ever, in any sport.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Timing of all games nearly the reverse of 2017.

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

People all bent out of shape about the BYU game….but I want to know why in the heck are we traveling out into the middle of nowhere corn-field to play AT Northern Illinois.  A H/H with a middling P5 team like ourselves would have been a better option, IMO. NIU is actually really good, and could probably beat us on a down year.  

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

If I remember correctly, we scheduled them years ago right after they had a couple of awesome seasons. I think the logic there was to get a decent ooc game. Not bad, but still a trap game for sure. 

I used to hate playing sjsu or Fresno. Now I’m all about it. At least those games are in recruting hotbeds and are easier wins.

3 1

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I hesitate to post this after reading everyone losing their minds over this, but I actually like the fact we’re playing BYU in a traditional late-November game. No logic behind this, just nostalgia probably. Now I don’t like the fact that we then turn around and play them in the first game in 2019. And just watch, somehow it will be arranged so we play them again in the Vegas Bowl.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

We will beat them in 2018 to go to the playoffs. We will win a national championship and then they will win the 2019 game, hereby proving they were the real national champs after all. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2018 Football Schedule Announced