3 USU players charged with marijuana possession

Viewing 11 reply threads
      7 10

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

https://www.ksl.com/article/46692241/3-utah-state-football-players-charged-with-marijuana-possession

embarrassing how this state looks at marijuana possession.  The comment section for KSL is cringe worthy. 

When you consider that John Huntsman Sr. had to possess the devils lettuce late in life illegally, simply because it wasn’t available for him legally.  Would anyone have dared charge him with possession?  But a couple of black athletes living in a closed off environment are in some trouble.

4 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Love is an idiot for getting involved in this. And don’t wag your finger at this state when the NFL holds a much worst view. 

2 3

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

one test a year from the NFL and the players know when its coming, the NFL’s wants you to think they care, but they don’t

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Ok sure. NFL just suspended Gordon again. I am not debating the “plant” with you. I am saying love is an idiot. 

9 3

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Utah’s laws are inline with federal law regarding Marijuana. It’s still scheduled with Crack, Meth, Heroin and LSD. I’m not saying I agree with it, but to bitch at our state for not being a recreational MJ sanctuary state isn’t warranted. I’m amazed we have any form of “legal” cannabis at all. It’s quite a big step for this state.

4 5

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Medicinally, this stuff should be legal (and the law that was passed, as it stands now, is woefully inadequate).

Recreationally? Not sure I can get on board with that.

4 2

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

What a joke…I know Doctors and Lawyers who get high on the regular. It doesn’t have to be the plant type these professionals are vaping the CBD oil.

Just legalize it and tax the crap out it like cigarettes.

It’s non addictive you can’t OD on it but I can gets pills from a doctor that will do that and more.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Most CBD preparations, and certainly the ones sold in Utah, maybe have 2-3% of a percent of THC content. That’s right, hundredths of a percent. CBD DOES NOT MAKE YOU HIGH.

Is everyone aware of the scientific name for hemp? ‘Cannabis Sativa’
      There are two main strains of Marijuana, ‘Cannabis Sativa’ and ‘Cannabis Indica.’

Industrial Hemp and Marijuana are the same plant. They’re just bred for differences in the THC content of the flowering body.

The CBD in Utah I believe is all based on industrial hemp.

7 3

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

1)  I love that this article was posted by “Sweetgrass”

2)  They are young adults.  Young adults don’t always think things through

3)  Marijuana should be legal

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

What about marijuana synthetics? How far do you take it?  

I am on board with cbd. I still have questions about THC. Loads of them. 

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

I don’t know that we have enough studies on synthetics.  The studies on Marijuana, however, are abundant and clear.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well the studies on marijuana I have some questions on them to. Again it comes down to THC. I think the one I read about at the University of Arkansas was bragging about getting THC up to 30% or something in a lab. Hell you couldn’t sell that for s**t anywhere. Northern California has so much variety. I would rather have studies on that product.

Washington, Colorado and Oregon let it all in and I would like to see how they fare in a few years. Also the drug culture travels together. Now they want mushrooms and other psychedelics. It is never ending spiral. 

1 1

Ute Bc
              Ute Fan
              @utebc

If you aren’t convinced don’t smoke it. Pretty simple.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

The studies on MJ are absolutely NOT clear. It hasn’t been legal so studying it has been very difficult. Doctors in states like California and Colorado are seeing some very surprising results.
            possible recreational MJ problems.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yeah this is my concern as well. If caffeine can cause problems in developing brains I can’t even imagine what THC does on brains 18-24 years old. Then imagine they are adding Shatter that is close to 80-90% pure THC on a hit. 

Ute Bc
                Ute Fan
                @utebc

Why do you feel like you have to imagine just site a legitimate medical study that says that marijuana is bad for the brain

Also, I would like to read the “study” that says caffeine is bad for the brain.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

This is getting way to Utefans. I will let you use your own internet to figure out caffeine is a psychoactive drug. 

Ute Bc
              Ute Fan
              @utebc

Your article references synthetics.

2 2

ATX-UTE
          Ute Fan
          @atx-eutaw

Marijuana synthetics become obsolete if they legalize it.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Excuse me “concentrates” is what I meant. Concentrates are what primarily is being  used if they are on college campuses. 

Also LOL at saying a particular drug would be obsolete of they legalize it. I like the arguement that opiate addiction would go away if they legalize it. That isn’t how the human brain works. 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

That’s like saying gun violence stops if you legalize guns. Come on do better then that.

5 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Coffee should be against the law in Utah. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I also really doubt that they were smoking the grass. 

I sat in the MUSS for the fUCLA game and I could smell and see the Vape clouds everywhere. College kids like the discreetness of vaping. It is much more common to see that then grinders, pipes and bongs like college campuses in the 60’s. 

3 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

can someone please explain to me what this has to do with UofU sports? LAME POST

1 1

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

does the post below this one have anything to do with U of U sports?  ^^ Lame poster ^^

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Ok I will bring it back to Utah football… I hope JJ doesn’t do anything this stupid to jeopardize being a first day pick. Which I doubt he would because he isn’t an idiot like Love. 

5 4

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’m confused, should black athletes not be in trouble when they break the law? If you could let us know which laws black athletes don’t have to follow I think that would help everyone out and then we can fit the countries actions according to the way you see things.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

WP

of course nobody wants to believe that black people are targeted more than whites, except that they are

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

So they were targeted in this particular case?  You have zero evidence to say the police were targetting Black people that evening. From the article it says someone called the police. 

The only thing concerning for me is the obtaining of a warrant for Urine to confirm the presence of marijuana. Which seems silly considering how long THC is present in your urine.  Considering who the Chief of the USU department is it isnt surprising the ridiculous lengths they went to in proving they had weed in their system. 

1 1

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Do they commit more crime per capita?

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer
        2 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Getting all MAGA-y in here. 

2 1

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

clearly, I don’t know the whole story. I just feel bad for these kids who come from different environments than Logan, UT whose names are suddenly all over the news for an offense in many places at worst might get you an equivalent of a parking ticket. Maybe I’m wrong, but I hope this isn’t law enforcement simply flexing their muscle.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I can appreciate that sentiment. And I don’t think it’s that big of a deal but I do think it’s a dumb choice for potential NFL players to risk their potential with anything that might be seen as controversial before they get their big pay day.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

MLB just dropped mj from their drugs of abuse lost. NBA, NFL, NHL, will all follow suit. This is really a non-issue.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 3 USU players charged with marijuana possession