60 in 60 Fan Vote

Viewing 5 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

So you know that 60 in 60 that we all hate? 1280 listened (somewhat) and are allowing us to vote in the rankings. Fans combined votes will count as one media member vote (lame). We all know zoobs are going to try and Jimmer this thing. So make sure to go vote!

https://60in60fanvote.com/voting

Here’s my top ten plus some of note:

1. Jaylon Johnson

2. Zach Moss

3. Bradlee Anae

4. Britain Covey

5. Tyler Huntley

6. Julian Blackmon

7. Jordan Love

8. Leki Fotu

9. Maxs Tupai

10. Darrin Paulo

11. Isaiah Kaufusi

12. Francis Bernard

17. Jason Shelley

18. Zach Wilson (Shelley beat Wilson, so anyone who puts Wilson ahead of him is just plain stupid).

29. Siaosi Mariner (all Utah WR are ahead of him because reasons)

5 12

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I don’t think Britain Covey is top 10 in the state. In fact I don’t know if he’s top 25.

I heard a stat the other day that said he had 60 catches last year and 1 TD…ONE. And how many muffed punts did he have?

He’s a great kid. He’s a great leader. He’s got the heart of a lion. But he’s not surprising anyone like he did his Freshman year.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Huntley’s favorite target singles him out. 

6 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Broken arm mean anything to you?

pdogphil
        Ute Fan
        @pdogphil

He had a confirmed broken wrist!! I get the muffed punts.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Then he shouldn’t have been back there.  Seriously hurt the team a couple times.  Can’t let ego kill the team.  That’s just stupid.  

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

That is a really interesting take, not sure you really paid attention to how important he was to the team last year. Dude is a weapon all over the field, is tough as nails. As was mentioned previously, he also played half the year with a broken wrist. He’s not only one of the top weapons in the state, he’s one of the top weapons in the conference. Being a pre-season all-conference player reflects that as well (its not just a red-goggled opinion).

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He had some well time plays that saved Utah’s bacon more than once. I can’t criticize him at all. Now how Taylor and Huntley sort of let guys tee up on Covey.  Not a fan and I am looking forward to how Ludwig will use him.

3 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Francis Bernard at 12???? What did he show you last year that has you ranking him that high? He was a good back up LB for us but he didn’t look anywhere near the level that I would imagine would put him at #12. Frankly, I expect a significant drop off if he is a starter this year.

As for Shelley vs Wilson, winning the game doesn’t automatically make one better than the other. Consider that Wilson was playing against our defense which I’m sure we would all agree was much better than the BYU defense Shelley played against. Wilson had better stats aside from the one INT he threw and the one rushing TD Shelley had.

Completions: Shelley – 19; Wilson – 20

Completion %: Shelley – 67.8; Wilson – 68.9

Passing Yards: Shelley – 141; Wilson – 204

Passing TDs: Shelley – 1; Wilson – 2

Interceptions: Shelley – 0; Wilson – 1

QBR: Shelley – 67.1; Wilson – 85.3

Rushing Yards: Shelley – 61; Wilson – 73

Rushing TDs: Shelley – 1; Wilson – 0

I’m not trying to take anything away from Shelley as he made some big plays on the way to leading us to victory, but Wilson had the better head-to-head performance.

5 2

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Ummmmm, Bernard led the team in tackles in the games he started or when Chase Hansen went out early. Also, Bernard looked awesome?!?!?

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Ummmm, fake news. Bernard started two games – vs Washington in the Pac-12 title game and vs Northwestern in the Holiday Bowl.

Bernard had 4 tackles against Washington and 6 against Northwestern. He was not the leading tackler in either game. He did lead the team in tackles against Colorado though. 

I’m not saying Bernard won’t be a good LB, just saying that he has yet to show he is the 12th best player in the state.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Is it still true he may not be on the team? Or am I mixing Bernard up with someone else?

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

First I’ve heard of anything.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Ya I might have put Francis too high.  But, wrt Wilson. He went 4-3 in 2018 with only one P-5 team of those seven (Utah). His wins? Hawaii, New Mexico State, Western Michigan, and UMASS. Their combined record? 22-29. Shelley’s record as a starter was 3-2, with wins agains Oregon, Colorado, and BYU. Their combined record? 21-17. Shelley played tougher opponents and still had a similar record. Shelley’s best win was against 9-4 Oregon. Wilson’s? a toss up between 8-6 Hawaii or 7-6 Western Michigan. 

I’ll grant Wilson has better stats. But, it’s an apples to oranges comparison, schedule wise. 

2 4

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

No doubt Shelley has played a tougher schedule than Wilson, but watching the two play, Wilson looked like the better QB and posted better stats. Maybe Shelley would have looked like an All-American against BYU’s schedule while Wilson would have struggled to complete a pass against Utah’s schedule. We will learn a lot about just how good Wilson is or isn’t during the first month of this season. 

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

You could very well end up being right. I think its up in the air enough that my rankings of the two are defensible, for now. 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I’d be surprised to see Wilson come out of the first 5 games healthy. He’s not very big, runs a lot and his O line isn’t the greatest.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I would take either. I think they are both about the same. I wouldn’t mind seeing Shelley with Moss behind him to. 

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

How could this possibly be a legitimate fan poll if Jimmer isn’t a selection?

Seriously, there are at least two ways to vote in this kind of poll:

1. What the fans think, based on their perception of player value.

2. How a coach might “draft” players if they were building a team based on the available player in the state.

If I was a coach, kind of hard to ignore Fotu & Penisini as anchors of your D, with JJohnson, Blackmon & Bowen close after. On offense, Moss is a high pick, with Nick Ford in the mix. Huntley is a high pick, and Shelley is on the list. Covey, Enis, Fotheringham and Kuithe have to be selected, and if I didn’t get Jaylen Dixon, it would be a failure. That kid is uncoverable, and just a Soph.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about this 60 in 60 thing and doesn’t get all the hand-wringing about it?

If the zoobs want to Jimmer the poll, I say let them. It’s pretty much the only thing they can beat Utah at.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Seems like they should be able to create a poll that limits the amount of times you can vote? no?

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

You would think so. Looks like each submission has to be tied to an email, so that will make it harder. 

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Perception is reality, that’s why we should all care. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

My perception of local media isn’t much so got ya on that one. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I have no idea what the 60 in 60 is.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

60 in 60 is mainly done by balding 30 year olds on Cougarboard. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Far too much credit they were bald before they popped their cherries or they are still virgins.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 60 in 60 Fan Vote