Viewing 5 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

…and climbing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

When we were #10 earlier this year I did not feel it was deserved or that we looked like the #10 team in the country. But now I feel it IS deserved. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Agreed. Not only are they deserving, but just such a fun team to watch right now.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We are beating Washington.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Florida plays Georgia next week
        Also LSU v. Alabama
        Ohio state and Penn state a week or two later. They each have other ranked teams to deal with.
        I don’t (cant) believe usc wins out

We need to take care of business next week, I think the rest will sort itself out.

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Best scenario is for Oregon and Utah win out and USC only loses one more conference game to keep their RPI up. UCLA is getting better…somewhat of a wild card. This UW game is beyond HUGE for Utah’s fate. Beating UW, Utes finish out with bye, and only one road game at UofA who has yet to face a defense like Utahs. UCLA and CU at home should be very winnable games barring the coveted WTF loss we all hope took care of itself at USC. If USC wins out, good on them, they will have proved they deserve the P12 South Champ rep.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

If the games are close, I wouldn’t expect much movement from the SEC teams in front of Utah. If #8 Georgia beats #6 Florida, they’ll probably just swap spots. Same with #1 LSU and #2 Alabama.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

Nope they’ll drop a few because they both already have 1 loss. Just look at Auburn this past weekend. They dropped despite losing to LSU by 3.

123punt
      Ute Fan
      @123punt

If Utah and USC win out, Utah would find themselves in a common scenario. There have been many SEC teams who didn’t appear in their conference championship who then went into a playoff or NCG. Although, unfortunately I don’t think the Utes will get the same favoritism shown the SEC.

Without winning the pac-12, our only hope would likely be edging out other teams with 2+ losses.

gothamute
        Ute Fan
        @gothamute

Without winning Pac12 we have zero chance. If we do win, then it will depend on what else happens whether we get in or not… but first things first, gotta beat UW

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

I doubt Utah has any chance of getting into the playoffs without winning the Pac-12. However, if USC does win out and makes it to the championship game, I think Utah is a lock for an NY6 bowl game @ 11-1. Most likely of those being probably the Cotton Bowl. If Utah wins out, they’ll be in the Top 6 I think before the championship games. There’s no way they get left out of an NY6 game if they’re ranked that highly. If they do make the Championship Game however, and Oregon is also 11-1, that would guarantee at least a Rose Bowl berth for Utah. Whether that be as the Pac-12 Champions if they’re not selected for the CFP or as Oregon’s replacement for the Rose, assuming the Ducks would be selected for the CFP.

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

Best Case Scenario Florida wins over Georgia, then loses the SECCG to undefeated LSU, who beat Alabama so badly they lose a 2nd game to Auburn. LSU then beats FL in the SECCG leaving only 1 undefeated team in the SEC and everyone else with 2 losses.

Oregon and Utah win out til the PAC12CG and barring them taking a 11-1 Pennst or 12-1 Ok (who won’t have a CG stellar win to impress the commitee) I think whoever wins that game gets the #4 playoff spot.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Win out and let the chips fall where they may…

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.