9 Td passes in one game!

Viewing 2 reply threads
      2 2

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

I don’t think WSU’s qb can do that against our D, and I know they still lost the game, but just admire that stat for a second!  Tyler threw 12 all of last season.  Mike Leach is the bizarro Kyle Whittingham.  So committed to exciting offense that he neglects his defense and the run game and it costs him games.  I’ve said it before, but if somehow these two coaches got together, and could co-exist as co-coaches the team they would have would be unbelievable.  It would destroy teams.  But, sadly, they are too opposing football philosophers that can’t co-exist.  So we are subjected to a Utah team that dominates defensively but can never field an imposing offense, and a WSU team that can be beaten by scoring 67 points by a mediocre UCLA offense.  I can’t foresee a Utah win this weekend. I’m sorry.  I love the Utes but Leach is a mad scientist that will pour it on this Saturday.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

DB practice drills this week should be nothing but playing good ole’ schoolyard 500/1000/Jackpot.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Besides the DBs needing to step-up — and as I commented earlier, half the issue vs USC was due to USC having all-world receivers — the DL needs to do better at tackling.   USC QB escaped several times when DL tried an arm tackle.   Even with all-world receivers USC was held to 30 points and if the Utes could have done better converting to TDs in the red zone the outcome could have been different, certainly closer.

KWhitt’s game management by stringing together long drives via the run should help keep Wazzu’s ohfense on the bench for long stretches, so they may not get that many opportunities.

The unsettled weather may help dampen the long passing game as well.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 9 Td passes in one game!