A few Scrimmage musings

Viewing 8 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Bentley took the majority of the snaps followed by Rising. Jake has the strongest arm of the 3 and generally makes good decisions but is still looking for a little more chemistry with the wideouts. Offense definitely won the day and has each day for the most part.
      The Defense may be a little rough to start but by midseason should be pretty solid. Hubert is ready and should start.
      Nick Ford is your LT. I think Nephi Sewell will start next to Lloyd…he’s very fast and instinctive. I’m actually fairly bullish on Nephi and think he’ll do really well. Ritchie is gonna be good but still learning. D-line will be solid including Van/Carleton but the young DB’s are having to grow up fast which we all expected. Tough task against the veteran group of wideouts we have.

Ty Jordan is unreal…I mean seriously. He’s going to be really good. Just has to understand the game and scheme a little better. Brumfield is RB1 followed by Wilmore and then Jordan IMO.
      Viane has been dominant as expected and Bryan Thompson has been unstoppable.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Meant to add that with Bentley he’s really smart and the experience shows. Can’t imagine he’s not the starter at this point.

#3bballer
        Ute Fan
        @3bballer

Thanks for the update!  I’ve been looking for info on the scrimmage!

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

What happened to TJ Green/Micah Bernard?

Jay
            Ute Fan
            @utahhhh

According to Whitt after the scrimmage only 4 running backs will travel with team and micah bernard will but TJ green will not, wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Yeah Green will be gone. Prep for it now. It’s too bad. But, if the guys ahead are better then you play those guys.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Being from AZ myself, I’ve always been a TJ fan….That’d be a shame if he were to transfer.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

He could be a slot receiver if he’s got some hands. 

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

Thanks so much for your Insight and takes!  A few questions: 

1) What is it that makes you think, Bentley will be QB1 ?  His experience ? Great leader ?

btw : I am also in the, “Bentley will be the starter,” camp.  So, not disagreeing – just wondering  if you could elaborate on why you think Bentley will be the QB. 

2) If you have any thoughts on a 2 deep, for Corners & Safeties – I’m sure all would be grateful. 

3) After D Lloyd & N Sewell, what does the depth at Linebacker look like ?

4) You seem very optimistic about Ty Jordan. Besides his speed, what is it about Jordan that makes you feel so good about him ?

I have others questions, but will end with these for now .  Thanks again. Much Appreciated!

Go Utes !!

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Bentley has a stronger arm, D1/SEC game experience is intelligent and has an NFL makeup. He’s connected to the guys having been voted captain, etc. Rising isn’t far behind him honestly, is extremely talented and well liked but I believe Jake gets the nod.

Broughton/Boyd/Marks/Savage/Rawls in that order at CB if it were me but not sure who starts yet. Phillips learning both CB/Nickel

Mataele/Phillips at nickel but not sure who starts yet.

Don’t think LB depth is close to sorting itself out yet honestly. Mata’afa, Mercier, Fotu and Furey all in the mix behind those two.

Phillips is extremely gifted but saying he’s a top round draft pick after week 1 is way too early for me. He certainly has the runway if he stays healthy.

utahby05
          Ute Fan
          @utahby05

Awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Ty Jordan is the whole package…EXPLOSIVE!! Can catch, is very good inside and has the burst to take it to the house. Low center of gravity and is just ridiculously EXPLOSIVE if I haven’t said that yet!

He can play in the backfield, be utilized in Vickers spot, etc. Just a very versatile exciting player. I think they’ll use him all over the place.

utahby05
          Ute Fan
          @utahby05

I read all of your posts and your praise for Ty Jordan is as high of praise for any one player, that I can remember you speaking about. That is Awesome.  Can’t wait to see Jordan play. 

Thanks Again for taking the time to share your insights.  

Go Utes !!

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

How is Jordan in pass pro?

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

So great to hear, thanks so much for the update! How’s CP3 looking? Is he going to be as good as JJ? And what do you expect with Bam this year?

7 9

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Told y’all about Jordan. 

9 2

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Yeah you did…and you look so smart!

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Thanks for the updates!

I will only comment on how weird it is to be watching a few games and then reading Ute fall scrimmage updates in the middle of October. My mental/emotional calendar is out-of-whack.

Looking forward to seeing the old and the new players.

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Any insight on who is emerging in the receiving group after the starters?  Given that Jalen and Tyrone are gone?

Jay
        Ute Fan
        @utahhhh

Whitt said after the starters (thompson, covey, enis) that it’s nacua, vele, and money parks

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

moala definitely slept on. Excited for people to find out who he is

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A few Scrimmage musings