Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

ACC PAC Rumors

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      RedLine
      Participant

If somehow this PAC/ACC arrangment happens, I for one am thrilled at the prospect of a rivalry with Miami. 

Battle for the U.  

Larry B
      Participant

I haven’t seen these rumors but I have seen rumors that the SEC could expand, and that the first teams they would take would be Clemson, Miami and Florida State.

RedLine
        Participant

I’m not an insider by any means and not pretending to be.  Just been reading articles about discussion about ACC and PAC discussions.  If the SEC does expand the team you list make a lot of sense for SEC expansion.  

Really hope UO and UW are stuck with their “little Pac Bros”  ACC/PAC full merger would be a clear #3 conference.  ND is the wild card.  Who knows what will happen.  

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

The ACC schools won’t be able to join another conference for more than a decade due to their gor. Don’t pay attention to those rumors.

noneyadb
      Participant

Obviously the top schools that aren’t in the B1G or SEC will move to better their position. But Oregon, Washington, Miami, and UNC are not bringing 100mil each to the table to force sec or B1G to accept. The next best option is a merger. Get ND, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Washington, Oregon, and Stanford in a 3rd power conference with NBC or CBS and Utah is set.

2 2
      UteThunder
      Participant

Any Pac/ACC agreement seems like it would be doomed to fail from the beginning, just like the Pac/B1G scheduling agreement and the Pac/B1G/ACC alliance.

Our best (realistic) option is for either the Pac to absorb Bigxii teams or for us to be absorbed with other Pac teams into the Bigxii. One of these conferences has to die so the other has a shot to survive.

noneyadb
        Participant

The bigxii is dead. Not one of those schools owns their own major market. Houston? Nope. Dallas? Nope. Ohio? Hell no. Florida? F**k no…

Anybody claiming the bigxii is stable and 40+mil/school is high as f**k. There is no way ESPN is paying BYU 30 million more just to join a conference with no Texas or Oklahoma.

UtahUtesRock
      Participant

No matter what happens if Utah is left out of the initial expansion of SEC and BIG, wherever they end up they need to win big and as many fans as possible need to tune into their games. 

Tacoma Ute
      Participant

The latest I’ve seen on YouTube is that Utah is wavering on their Big12 application. The reason?

ACC is inviting UW, Oregon, Stanford and Utah.

Didn’t see that coming.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.