All the “Fire Ludwig” guys

Viewing 7 reply threads

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Maybe many too old to forget, maybe many too young to remember. 

I have a feeling he’s going to show a masterclass, Saturday. Guns a loose! BTW, young folk, loose doesn’t mean lose.

Edit: Ludwig has Oregon Intel I’m sure.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ludwig has been doing a great job this season so far. There are times when we get predictable but for the most part it has been good. 

richute
        Ute Fan
        @richute

Agreed. The only real thing I would change is the fact that we run it up the middle every single second and ten I feel like.

UTEopia
          Ute Fan
          @uteopia

Analytics show that if you can run the ball on 2nd and ten and gain 4-5 yards, the ability to convert on 3rd and 5-6 is better than if you throw an incompletion on 2nd and 10 and are left with a 3rd and 10.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Ludwig has been great. Utah has the highest scoring offense in the conference right now.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I’m sure his 2003 loss to Urban and Alex intel is relevant 🤣

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

As far as you know.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

The only play this year that I absolutely hated was that god awful double reverse travesty.

3 1

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

That’s why you’re a fan.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Ludwig has improved in the one key area that drove me nuts…. setting up the offense (running plays that set up future plays).

The main thing I would change now is that we almost always run on 2 and long.  Maybe he is setting something up (see first point) or maybe he’s stubborn.  Don’t know.

Overall happy with what he’s doing.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The Utes have been getting good yardage on running plays. I don’t blame him for the 2nd and long runs.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Non football reply. Its a spelling epidemic that so many people spell lose as loose. Loose is the opposite of tight. You lose a game. 

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Never had a issue with Ludwig, especially comparing how many OC we’ve been through. with that being said I think whit was more of the issues than the majority of the OCs; he never appeared to have confidence in the Offense. Ludwig coming in I think eased a lot of that pressure….Team still has to execute the play. Rising has been the “IT”factor with the offense. It maybe to soon; cause I believed Brewer was the right decision at the time , but I am definitely drinking the cool aid on Rising. He’s alot of fun to watch; and if he’s still around the next couple of years , I think this team gets championship.. bitter sweet, cause I think whit retires if that happens as well .. But this offense is awesome to watch , just imagine what it would be with JJ

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Its a spelling epidemic that so many people spell lose as loose.

I hate to be that guy, but…

It’s also a spelling epidemic that so many people spell “it’s” as “its”, like you did. Its is a possessive, meaning the act of belonging to it. It’s is a contraction of “it is”.

Here’s an easy way to not make the its/it’s mistake: Read the sentence aloud, and say “it is” everywhere where you’ve written “its” or “it’s”. If “it is” makes sense in the context of the sentence, you use “it’s”. If “it is” doesn’t make sense in the context of the sentence, then you use “its”.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

You’re absolutely right, but let’s not pretend people missing an apostrophe is nearly as bad as the loose vs lose thing. 

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

If people are going to make the case for or against Ludwig, I think the only fair way is to look at the data. And unless I’m mistaken, our best offensive year in the PAC 12 era was 2019 with a senior-laden team. So I would use 2019 as the benchmark for any comparison.

Offensively, we averaged the following in 2019:

32.3 points/game

429 yards of Total Offense/game

201.4 yards of rushing/game

4.8 yards/rush

227.6 yards of passing/game

9.9 yards/pass

21.5 1st downs/game

46% 3rd down conversion %

44% 4th down conversion %

85% Red Zone Scoring %

68% Red Zone Touchdown %

34:20 Time of Possession/game

Source: https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2019-20/teams/utah

In 2021, our offense is averaging the following:

35.7 points/game

438 yards of Total Offense/game

214.5 yards of rushing/game

5.9 yards/rush

223.6 yards of passing/game

7.2 yards/pass

24.8 1st downs/game

46% 3rd down conversion %

40% 4th down conversion %

82% Red Zone Scoring %

69% Red Zone Touchdown %

29:33 Time of Possession/game

Source: https://utahutes.com/sports/football/stats/2021?path=football

Highlighted in bold are statistics that have improved or are better than in 2019. Based on the above stats and the fact that we have a new QB who has only started 7 games and 1 quarter (USC) vs a 3 year starter in Huntley, I believe Ludwig has done an AMAZING job as OC this year. This is the first year I can remember where a Whitt coached team has relied on our offense to lead/carry the team over the defense. Ludwig’s offense has been the perfect complement to Whitt’s defensive philosophy and approach. Ludwig’s ability to scheme/cater the offense to maximize on the talent we have should not be overlooked. For example, our 3 tight end sets have given us a big competitive advantage by creating mismatches that teams struggle to defend against.

The simple fact we suffered through the 10 year revolving door of OC’s is proof of the level of confidence and stability that Ludwig has brought to Whitt and the program. I don’t even see a fair criticism to be directed to Ludwig this year. Our offense is either as good or better in every statistical category in comparison to 2019.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football All the “Fire Ludwig” guys