all those years we said “if only we had a good offense to go with our defense”

Viewing 1 reply thread

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Granted, this may be our best defense ever, but last year and 2015 come close. Either way, we see whats possible if we can get consistency on that side. We’ll be a mainstay in the top 15-25 and play for a ton of rose bowls

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Top 3 defense, top 25 offense.  Good combination.

gothamute
        Ute Fan
        @gothamute

Yogi Roth consistently makes the point (as did the ABC guys at least once I can remember during the CU broadcast) that if you look at stats on yds/attempt basis (which is more of an efficiency measure but also normalizes for things like time of possession or tempo) we are actually a TOP TEN O… only two other teams rank top 10 on both sides of the ball using that approach… Ohio St and Clemson. !!!

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

According to ESPN’s team efficiency rankings Utah is 5th on defense, 8th on offense, and 5th overall.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/tab/efficiency

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

i believe our offense is top 15 in S&P+ as well. And the development of Kuithe is going to have it on an upward trajectory. Stopping him coming around the edge AND dedicating enough guys to contain moss is f**king unfair. And its going to leave our WRs 1v1 all day long with a QB who can recognize it and make the throws.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Hopefully most of us have been astute enough to appreciate the defensive brand of football that Utah puts on the field and have understood what could happen if Utah had at least a Top 30 offense. Seeing is believing, but personally I’ve been waiting for this day.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football all those years we said “if only we had a good offense to go with our defense”