SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Go Utes!

9 6

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Its cool and all but honestly based on what I have seen so far, we are overrated. This team has everything to prove still, and if they dont figure some things out they will lose 3 or 4 more games

4 3

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

^this^

If we start slow against teams like USC and Oregon, or even teams like WSU and Oregon State, we’ll be done for by halftime.

I’m really hoping the last two weeks have been us playing down to our opponents or not opening the playbook because we’ve looked awful at times.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Where would you rank our team?

2 5

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

21-25

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

Right now, 20ish. Just based on resume, not talent. Oregon deserves to be above us. So does UF. We have a loss and no signature wins. The nice thing is that we now have a VERY strong schedule. If we had beaten UF, I would have us at like 5.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

Rising is off. He’s been off since the first snap in Florida. He didn’t start going through his progressions and stop focusing on one receiver or TE until 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter. On the other hand after game 3 last season I was convinced we wouldn’t even make a bowl game so don’t listen to me. What do I know?

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

After 3 games last season absolutely no one would’ve blamed you for thinking that, we were horrendous.

UtahUtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahutesrock

I guess I get why folks are saying this but, we’re better at this point then we were at the same time last year. We’re a Thomas trip away from being 3-0. Last night we beat the same team that beat us last year. Are we as good as the team that played in the Rose Bowl? No probably not but what were you thinking our season was going to be this time last year? I’m not saying we’re going to the CFP, but who knows? I sure didn’t think last year was going to end up like it did. So I’m gonna enjoy the season and see how this thing evolves. 

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

Rising has been off and he really shouldn’t be. Last year he just got better and better. This year he’s not thrown the ball as well as expected based on his experience.
          That doesn’t seem to be a quick fix.

fosternano
            Ute Fan
            @fosternano

Thankfully Utah has a tune up game this Saturday and their next two games are against mid majors Oregon state and UCLA before their next true test.

Hopefully Cam can figure it out in the next 3 games.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Our ranking may be about right. Behind us is a lot of one loss teams that do not show a need to be placed above us. Our only loss is to Florida who has only lost to a top 10 team. It is understood this is a difficult road trip. We do need Florida and by extension Kentucky to continue to win often. SDS has a defense that takes some time to opportunities in to go down field. Lots of teams will start slowly against this team, I wish them well in the MWC.

As for our team, last year they grew greatly throughout the year. I think we can expect some similar if not as much growth thru this year. The good news is we started from a much better position this year. Rising has made some mistakes and has had spots with only little progress, but he has also had the bright spots as well. Hopefully the teams is about to settle into the consistency they had last half of last year. Be patient, we may not put our foot on the gas in earnest with the offense until the USC game if we do not encounter pressure to win.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football AP Poll: Utah #13, USC #7, UO #15, UW #18, UF #20