Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Are we the Roman empire?

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Are we the Roman empire?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Dub
      Participant

It feels like half my day is spent trying to play catch up on which 18 year old kid went where and for how much. So hyper focused on sports. At some point, I just want to move to Vernal on 5 acres, throw away the TV and ride dirt bikes all day.

The USU kid, Great Osobor, going to Washington for $2mm. Sheesh!

KSL via ESPN: Former Utah State Forward Great Osobor Commits To Washington

UteBacker

At this point, between NIL, the transfer portal, and injuries, I’ll just root for whatever team they throw out there for the first game. Can you imagine Phil Steel trying to keep track of all of this stuff so he can put out a magazine with some half decent predictions? Brutal.

UtesRule
      Participant

It’s getting mighty ridiculous!

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Funny you should mention Osobor… I’m going to be really interested in seeing how he collects his NIL seeing how he’s a foreigner in the US on a student visa. Essentially, if I read the laws governing this issue correctly, about the only way to really get NIL in a legal manner in a foreigner’s pocket is for all the NIL activity to take place in a foreign country. Here’s the deep dive on this issue if you are interested: Name, Image, and Likeness: International Student-Athletes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.