Bam

Viewing 2 reply threads

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If Paulo has to sit this week, do we see Bam play against Cal?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

In all honesty no. Wasn’t part of his having to sit out was he couldn’t even practice. We won’t see him until next year IMO.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

No, he’s been practicing and will play in 4 games, redshirt and play a full year next year.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Oh, well, I obviously needed to be downvoted because I’m apparently wrong.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Bam will play four full games this year.

From Whitt’s mouth:

On how Bamidele Olaseni has progressed so far…
        “He’s progressed very well and he’s very close to getting that playing time. We don’t want his four games to look like just eight or 10 snaps, so we are going to hold out as long as we think we need to before he’s ready to have a lion’s share of the reps. There could also be an injury, you never know what is going to happen in a couple of weeks, so some things could work themselves out in that regard. We are not going to just get him in there and six or eight snaps call it good, that’s not the plan.”

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

If Paulo can’t go, I think this is a good game to play him in. The coaches can find out just how ready he is and then choose the other 3 games he will play in accordingly.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

I would imagine the targeted games for him to play would be Washington, PAC 12 championship (if Lady Luck shines on us) and the bowl game – plus a warm up. Cal would be logical as it gives coaches understanding if he will be ready for play against Washington.

All this assumes he is practicing well, and getting up to speed. Anyone know how that is going?

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

Coach Whit said he was getting up to speed and that he was ready to play. So I guess he’s doing OK.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think Bam plays this week.  We need him and it’s a chance to see how good he can play in an actual game.  If he does well, he will start against UW IMO.

homer
          Ute Fan
          @homer

O-block is about communication and chemistry. This far into the season, putting Bam in, even if he has extraordinary strength and skills is problematic.

That said, in at least one interview, Kyle said it was their intention to play Bam in four games, and not just for a handfull of plays.

Seems like the Cal game is a good time to see how he measures up, and if he can establish some chemistry with the rest of the line.

I expect to see him Saturday night

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

I agree. We may need him for the Washington game and a game like that should not be his first. If he does well this week we still have him for Washington, CCG, and the bowl game. If he needs another game to settle in, there is Az and Colo. I do not expect him to need more that two games to be up to speed. If he had 2 to play 2 he would be playing already. The plan is 4 games this year and all next year. How he handles elite DE are not at all a mystery given practice. We have 3 that are all different and generally better than what he will face. The question for me is: will he be left or right?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.