Based on Yesterday’s NCAA ruling….

Viewing 3 reply threads

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

poo-poo down south hasn’t earned a W against Larry’s Utes since the 2012-13 season.  Cheaters never prosper (or break losing streaks)… GO UTES!!!! 

Can somebody please call Deseret First and ask them to revise the yearly totals for that cheap plastic trophy we keep winning?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Haha.  The Deseret Duel is dumb. Can’t stand it!  

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Worst was the year the Utes beat BYPoo in the Vegas Bowl.  It didn’t even count toward the DumbDumb Duel.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I think the Deseret Duel got nixed on account of the tdS failing to be competitive.

Utah won last year’s but I don’t think they got their trophy.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That ruling is beyond harsh. I look at Zona and USC and just shake my head. They need to dismantle the ncaa. 

Richie_Rich
        Ute Fan
        @teampendarvis

I agree.  The NCAA is awful.  Knuckleheaded move by Emery, that booster and BYU admin, but the punishment definitely does not fit the crime.  And I’ve never understood vacating wins.  So do I have to just delete it from my mind?  Will people be punished further if they claim the games still happened?  Honestly it’s the most idiotic form of punishment.  IMO, the school should have to pay back the amount of $$$ into a scholarship that could be used towards others needing help paying for schooling.  I think thats should happen nationwide.  But what do I know.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

They’ll have to vacate their WCC Championship, oh wait, they never won anything in the West Coast Catholic league.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Even most Utah fans on the various sites/pages I visit feel this was a tad harsh.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Still easy to make fun of them because even cheating they were a fairly average team.  Same as USC and Zona to all of those years getting away with it and nothing really ground shaking accomplished. Utah may have won the conference sooner perhaps. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Based on Yesterday’s NCAA ruling….