BB

Viewing 5 reply threads
      11 8

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

With BB starting it’s become pretty clear what CR (or his people) are about.. Maybe it isn’t CR. Maybe it is his people. But, it’s clear that he wanted to get paid and either withheld info or completely sold Whit on a bag of lies…
      This is not speculation. Whit said as much. I have watched Utah football since I was 10. So 28 years. Whit is consistent, he is the same. He has changed, yes, but he is the same person at his core. He is a very smart, loyal, team first, stubborn, no nonsense individual.

If he knew what he knows now, there is no way in hell he wouldn’t have gone out and gotten a rental and told Cam “We would love to have you, but you do you bo bo”, which Cam would have left sat out the year and prob transferred to some program who would have paid him…

Instead Cam or his people thought this was his best opportunity to get paid (which he has) and he stayed…
      Lastly, I do believe CR does genuinely want to play and yes I believe he has been rehabbing like hell to get back. But He wants his cake and to eat it too. All of that is fine for him.

The problem is, the whole team including Whit has been held hostage while Cam gets right…. Not fair.. and not right… Yes, part of this is on Whit. Whit and Cam are both 50/50 on this…. Whit should have asked more questions or not been so trusting and loyal in this particular situation.

I mentioned two weeks ago that if CR didn’t play today I don’t think we see him back. So at this point, I won’t mention him again. For the purposes of this season. Grateful for what he did the last 2 seasons. But like the players do now, we re-set each year. Fans included.

I still think we can beat UO at home if we get healthy. Lets see what BB/NJ can do.

So no more CR stuff from me until I see him run out on the field. It just bothers me how so many have crucified Whit while leaving CR blameless because he’s “a kid or a player”, bulls**t. The other 84 guys on the team are important and matter also.. And our fan base matters…

Again, to be clear. I believe CR does want to play, and that he has been rehabbing to get back. I think he has bene doing all he can. And I think he does want to play today… BUT, that doesn’t change everything leading up to this. Everyone has now talked about it, Sean O Connell did a whole segment of it. Had Whit known he would not have sacrificed the team for CR so he could get paid. It’s pretty simple…

Go Utes – I hope we rally, we still have a chance and with some clarity and a full week of practice and our house more in order lets see what the O can do today and hopefully we get healthy for SC. I still think we have a chance.

6 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

It’s all speculation at this point. However, I’m pretty certain that if Whitt had an idea that this was the way the situation was going to play out, he probably would have cut ties with Cam well before the season started. This not because Whitt is heartless or because Cam is a bad guy but simply because in football, as we all know, your best ability is availability. It does nothing for Utah to keep a star player around in your most important position if the player is physically unable to perform. I also think that, at some point, Whitt starts to mentally cut ties with Cam, especially if there’s no guarantee that he’ll stay for another season.

9 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I really really really hope Utah parts ways with Rising this off-season. Really. I am prepared for the backlash.

2 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Eagle, Rising is leaving Utah regardless unless he applies for a medical redshirt. And the team has to agree to that medical redshirt. I’m not certain that Whitt is up for another year of this soap opera.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Which doesn’t make sense. Because on some level Whitt permitted it to start in the first place then…..I want to move on from this crap. But it sure doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Agreed. I’m done with Cam at this point. Will always love him for his 2021-2022 performance, but it’s time to move on. New QB next year, new conference, and hopefully new uniform designs.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I disagree. If I’m Whitt, I want Rising for as many seasons that the NCAA will let me have him.

That being said, anyone expecting Rising to come through the door wearing his Superman cape this season was delusional. Or if not delusional, they definitely were betting on a 1% chance and that is before anyone knew the full extent of his injury.

The nature of college football is that you always need to be preparing for the future and Cam Rising hasn’t been the future of the program since the CCG of 2022. He’s part of a very happy past, but at some point the program has to move on from what he did before and that didn’t happen this year.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Bububu IF….he lied for the NIL, that’s unforgivable. The things it’s done to the program(basically tanking title hopes and thereby hurting progress and recruiting) and putting his teammates through the consequences it’s had on this season(no qb transfer, no throw game, no stats for wideouts looking for the NFL, an offense which is a cage match in the box where dudes are getting hurt) . I hope it’s not true. I really hope it’s not true…

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It is the future of College football.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

It really is and it sucks. It’s going to get a lot worse as the Gabe looks more like the NFL in the next couple years. It will be equally unwatchable in 5ish. Enjoy it now. Soak it all in today.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

You missed the bye week soap opera and whining. It’s game day. Let’s move on.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

To Barnes?

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m sorry. Barnes starting has me feeling like Lloyd Christmas getting robbed by an old lady on a scooter…”I didnt see it comin!”🙃

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Local media seems to think there was no possible way the Ute staff didn’t know the significance of the injury. Starting to wonder if this is a possibility though. Based on what we found out last week about the injury, there is no way Rising would be ready now, or possibly the rest of the year. The actions of whit and the staff don’t give any indication they knew this. This has gone beyond trying to get a competitive advantage over the competition by being cryptic who the starting qb would be.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

Utah5410: this is a fair assessment. I assume part of the discrepancy is that team coaches were probably telling Whitt one thing (in combination with Cam overselling his ability to come back), while Whitt didn’t realize Cams personal surgeon was likely sending a different message which Cam didn’t pass on.

That said – I still haven’t given up on Cam coming back. If he comes back by USC, I think it will all be worth it. But if he isn’t back by Oregon, I don’t know that he would come back at all, and honestly I wouldn’t blame Whitt if he just wanted to move on from Cam.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.