BYU-p fans afraid of RES, is it for good reason?

Viewing 10 reply threads

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Are they expecting a Sunday church atmosphere when they show up?  I know we have some harsh fans, but BYU giving back 150+ tickets because they can’t sell them seems pathetic.  How bad are our fans towards them?  I have to imagine most of it is from them being thin skinned, but have you guys seen anything so egregious towards BYU fans that they would never show back up?

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Never. We’re angels.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

We cheer while they lose. I wouldn’t come back either if I were them.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Most BYU fans that have horror stories are dicks. 

Ive come to the conclusion that their stories are probably exaggerated, with some truth. BUT, if they weren’t dicks, their stories probably never happen. 

I think their horror stories are self inflicted, for the most part. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

They’re so dramatic about it.  I haven’t seen anything crazy at the games.  I’m thinking some of them are so sheltered that anything they see or hear is offensive.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Offering them a beer is seen as extremely offensive, rather than a kind gesture.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’d wager than 99% of the fan interactions at RES are far more mild that you’d get at any other rivalry game (Michigan/OSU, Texas/Oklahoma, etc.). The problem, however, is that Zoobs are so wildly oversensitive to cursing, any consumption of alcohol, criticism (especially if it involves religion), smack talk, etc. that it’s gets overexaggerated to the point of absurdity.

I’ve had NEZ season tickets for 14 years and can count on two fingers the number of incidents of actual bad behavior towards opposing fans that I’ve seen. Saw one guy get popcorn thrown at him (the offender was kicked out), and another dude nearly get into a fight (that was instigated by both parties). Outside of that, it’s all been very mild ribbing and sh*it talking.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

They’re the weirdest fanbase in the country. Possibly the world. No point trying to explain them. Just shrug your shoulders and snicker.

St George Ute
        Ute Fan
        @stgeorgeute

Exactly!

Zoobs are so wildly oversensitive to cursing, any consumption of alcohol, criticism (especially if it involves religion), smack talk, etc. that it’s gets overexaggerated to the point of absurdity.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I have seen some pretty crazy things at RES. One year girl and guy so drunk they vomit all down the back side of this poor guy in front of us. Had to call medical and take them to the hospital they were so drunk. TCU game in 2010 was also a very bad look for our fans. Way too much drinking.

But it doesn’t generalize our entire fan base for me.  Just like how we try to do the same thing. Most are just people that have pride in their school and want to enjoy some sports. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

I have seen some pretty crazy things at RES. One year girl and guy so drunk they vomit all down the back side of this poor guy in front of us. Had to call medical and take them to the hospital they were so drunk. TCU game in 2010 was also a very bad look for our fans. Way too much drinking.

There’s can certainly be some bad behavior, but those sort of issues maybe happen maybe once a year…if that.

According to Zoobs, they happen multiple times every week, and twice as much to BYU fans to dare to step foot into RES.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They happen a lot more than you think. I know security but again generalizations. I just think it is zoobs inexperience of not being around people on alcohol. It really isn’t fun to be sober around drinking people. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

🙄. Laughable

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

During the game Kaneshiero (sp) hit the upright there was some Y fan sitting in the seats in front of us.  All game long he would turn around and do the first down sign in my face.  When we lined up for the final kick I tapped him on the shoulder and did the WWF motion to “suck it, Old Man”. 

Haha well after the kick missed I said to my buddy, let’s get outta here!  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well they don’t get a free ice cream at the creamery with the purchase so it is a hard sell. Most likely it is the lateness of the game tho or they are just dicks or both. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

There are a$$holes among our fanbase. But to be fair, they are like that all season long, it certainly is not limited to the tds game.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I poured a beer on a BYU QB’s family once but I never heard anyone complain about it.  

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

Didn’t you pour some on an ASU QB as well!😉

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

It looked like the old lady in the wheelchair needed help down the stairs so I helped her.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Grandma Bowling. New event at Football X-Games. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

On the blocked FG game (Wrubel’s “No!” game ), I got knocked over by byu-P fans when they barged into the line to get in at the East gates. I was holding both of my 3 yr-old twins, and my wife was managing the coats and diaper bag. I had to kind of step forward/fall onto my knee to avoid falling onto a lady in a wheelchair next to me in line.  My wife shouted something at them, they shouted something threatening back, and they finally calmed down when they saw me picking myself  up off the ground with two crying toddlers. Every time I am in Utah and see s**tty drivers I imagine those four guys.

Oh, did you mean bad behavior by Utah fans? Sorry, I got nothing.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU-p fans afraid of RES, is it for good reason?