Cam missed radio show today

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

because he was still in physical therapy.

I don’t know a lot about knee injuries so I have a question. Would he be doing PT if he was going to have ACL surgery? Or did he already have surgery and I had not heard?

Ute95
      Ute Fan
      @utejones67

According to OnlyU (he seems like he knows what he is talking about), Cam had surgery a couple of days ago as stated in a previous post.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Starting rehab a couple of days after surgery seems a little soon? I’m not a doctor though. Just a fan board admin. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

depends on what was actually worked on. I think the general rule is you immobilize bone repairs but for Ligament/Tendon/Muscle, you want to be active without overdoing it. And the sooner the better

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

My dad had a complete knee replacement. He was up and walking in days and in pt shortly thereafter and he’s 67. 

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

I actually had a longer post that mentioned knee and hip replacements but thought it would cloud the issue since those are structural. Everyone I’ve met who has gotten a replacement says that they make you stand as soon as you come out of the anasthesia (sic?) to prove that you are structurally sound.

I had a complete tear of the ligaments in my left ankle in college. Idiot doctor had me sit on the couch for a month and not put any weight on it. Developed a plantar’s flex and needed 6 months of PT before the scar tissue broke and I got most of my speed back. Still walk with a slight limp because I’ve never been able to get full extension. So I’m a big proponent of do as much as you can as soon as you can, but be smart about it.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

In most cases, ACL surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, meaning you will be permitted to go home the day of surgery. For the first two weeks, expect to take it easy. In most cases, you will be allowed to bear weight as tolerated, and to start physical therapy immediately.

2 1

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

Reporter Ben Anderson reported the other day that Cam wouldn’t take another snap for Utah. 
      Who knows? It’s definitely been hidden from everyone what injury he actually suffered. 

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

No way would he be doing PT a few days after surgery if it was an ACL. If he is already doing PT, I would guess it was a meniscus, MCL or PCL. You can’t put weight on an ACL that soon after surgery.

1 1

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

I literally got my post above from a website about ACL injuries. I think you are wrong

UteBrook
          Ute Fan
          @utebrook

I had ACL, minis us and Micro fracture surgery and was rehabbing within a few days. Pre-surgery rehab is important for an ACL as they want your quads strong. I heard Bill say the surgery is Friday, even though I had heard it was Monday this week. So who the heck knows. But if the coaches thought he wasn’t ever going to play again you would be hearing that we were active in the portal for a QB.

highlandute7
            Ute Fan
            @highlandute7

I apparently stand corrected. ACL surgery recovery must have changed. When my relative had surgery, he was on cruches for at least 2 weeks before he did anything. He has been totally fine since.

Makes me wonder if it is/was an ACL, how bad it was. Was it a total tear, partial tear? 

Again, who knows. We’ll find out come August and if he is playing vs. Florida.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Would Coach Whitt keep Cam on scholarship as a non-playing advisor?

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I started PT IMMEDIATELY after ACL surgery.  You start immediately in a prone posision to reduce swelling and scar tissue.  FWIW.  

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam missed radio show today