Chaffetz takes a page out of the Donald’s play book …

Viewing 5 reply threads
      9 2

96GradAlum
      @96gradalum

suggesting the angry attendees where paid by the opposition.  What an ass-hat!  People are p**sed at your crappy behavior as our representative in congress.  To suggest anything else is utter bulls**t!

Are Dems being paid to show up at town halls?

These Trump-esque tatics are severely disappointing b/c a certain percentage of people will believe his and Trumps BS b/c they’re too lazy to check the facts.  

I worry that this new world we’re in, where “alternative-facts” are not only tolerated but propagated, means an even more illinformed public.  That does not bode well for our future.

Chaffetz is a lesser version of Trump.  He’s Trump-lite.  But he’s clearly trying to up his game to be more like the Donald. 

5 2

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

he can’t get out of his own way   http://www.sltrib.com/news/4938204-155/chaffetzs-committee-begins-to-overturn-dc

he’s all for “local” control unless he disagrees with it. 

5 12

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Isn’t it pretty much common knowledge that the left has been supporting all these demonstrations since before the election. You’ve even had two shills on the local media talking about ginning up protest.

9 3

96GradAlum
          @96gradalum

See … you’re proving my point.  You’ve heard it stated enough times in the media that you accept it as fact when reality is: people are starting to organize and protest.  They aren’t paid to do so.  This isn’t some concerted effort by “the left”.  “The left (democrats)” is/are still as disorganized as ever.  People are sick of the bulls**t and Trump is so polarizing and bombastic that people are standing up and getting involved.

6 3

deleted
          Ute Fan
          @rolandovich

In what universe would anyone bankroll a protest?

In the history of human existence there’s never been a shred of evidence of some rich guy paying rubes to protest. But in post-truth America we have the fringe right wing media (and evidently their psychophants) claiming it because they can’t accept reality.

5 2

Newbomb Turk
          Ute Fan
          @newbombturk

So, 72, you say you’re supporting Chaffetz?

3 1

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

He’s just salty about all those suffragettes who got paid to protest to get voting rights for women.

6 1

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

I don’t believe it, regardless of your view that its common knowledge. Any protest is organized to some degree, whether for or against a cause. The NRA is mighty organized, for example, and well funded too. They get folks out, but I doubt they pay them. Their supporters just believe in the cause. So the suggestion that money is paid by and to “libtards” or let’s say minorities to protest Trump’s actions, to me that just sounds stupid and outrageous. It simply does not pass the smell test. From what I have seen in three weeks, Trump brings that on all by himself. Hell, I want to join in these protests, tell me were I can get paid?

But let’s take your “common knowledge” and go just half a step further. Prove it. If it is that common and pervasive, proof must be right in front of your nose. I want to see proof. In fact, I also demand for Trump to reveal all the proof he has that the NH election was rigged, by car pooling folks from Massachusetts. I really do believe this needs to be sorted. That is one serious charge for the POTUS to make. The reason it is serious is because it is one of several statements he has made that in my view (and in the opinions of other smarter folks than me) undermine our government. These are the kinds of steps folks who have dictatorial ideas and intent promote, so that if they lose the next election, for example, they can declare marshal law.

Alt-facts demand fact checking. So, yes, I’ll believe it when I see the checks. Otherwise, this is more smoke and mirrors and BS from the Alt Right.

By the way, as long as the GOP has control and we all want to do stuff the ‘right’ way, lets begin 11 investigations on Michael Flynn and his felony breach (and it was a felony), and to Russia’s involvement in scrambling the US Presidential election, and the FBI’s dirty hands in things terribly wrong. Two wrongs does not make a right, okay. Get ‘er done.

I’m absolutely no Hillary fan, but what is good for the Gander has got to be good for the Goose, if you get my drift. You know, turnabout is fair play. Otherwise the GOP and its constituents are hypocrites the same as Demoncrats. You would not want that in such a young administration, would you.

So let’s hear it, LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP, COME ON NOW, DON’T BE SHY, LOCK HIM UP!!!

In the meantime, please tell me where I can get paid for the Women’s day march a few weeks back. My check has not yet arrived.

’72, I love ya buddy, but too much Koolaid in the “common knowledge” in my opinion.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

But DC is a federal subdivision and under the control of Congress. States are separate quasi-sovereign entities.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Sadly this ass hat will probably get re-elected unless utahs districts are miraculously de-gerrymandered before 2018. 

Mid November I was on an 11 hour flight from Paris to slc, and this buffoon was seated 2 seats behind me. To think I had the chance to tell him off and didn’t do it is still eating away at me. The best I did at the moment was long hard disapproving stares. Damnit!

3 1

96GradAlum
        @96gradalum

Amazingly he was just re-elected … gawd it’s hard to have faith in the voting public when they re-elect people like Jason and Orin

2 2

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

It depends on what is meant by ”support”. Encourage like-minded folks to get out, and send updates via social media? Hand out signs? Who cares. Chaffetz himself encouraged his supporters to show up. That’s a very different allegation than paid protesting. By the way, the last I saw was that Chaffetz has backed off the paid protester bit, now referring to them as a vocal minority that should be ignored.

According to the SL county clerk’s website, about 36K people within the 20 SL county precincts in Chaffetz’ gerrymandered district voted for his opponent. Why does it seem so implausible that 1,500+/- of his actual, real constituents would show up especially during a highly charged political climate? Who in their right mind would pay people to do something they’ll willingly do for free?

1 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I sat behind him on a flight to DC recently. I may have kicked his seat a few times.

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

I want to hear about someone crop dusting him.

Also, there’s this:

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Gross. Now that is definitely something you’d have to pay someone to do with Jason Chaffetz…

3 1

EUte
      Ute Fan
      @eute

And BTW which one of you “fake” protestors is this in the D&F logo t-shirt, and how much were you paid?!!

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Who is the ominous character in the back over the Utah cyclist’s shoulder??!

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

Someone collecting a huge paycheck for attending the venue.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

That’s Darren Lucy. Huge Utah Utes fan.

Riot West
          Ute Fan
          @riotwest

I’d dare say he’s a diehard Utah Utes fan that spends time in Vegas.

2 1

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

It’s a bit naive to think paid support/opposition never happens in political theater. It’s the de facto in the third world, and the usa is trending that direction, sadly.

Still, evidence is required for any contested claim.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Chaffetz takes a page out of the Donald’s play book …