Charlie Brewer is legit

Viewing 5 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

I had some time today, and I just watched the 2 Baylor/Oklahoma games from 2019, as well as Baylor/Georgia Sugar Bowl. Let me tell you, if we have 2019 Brewer, our chances of winning the South look really good. The kid is an absolute baller, he’s tough as hell and can make ridiculous throws. Baylor didn’t win any of these games, but his recievers made crucial mistakes at key moments, and of course we all know the Big12 doesn’t play defense so he was single-handidly having to carry his entire team. Georgia was rank #5 in that Sugar Bowl, and they always have a good defense, and I was impressed with the way Brewer played in that game. If you have 20 mins, I would recommend watching the first Baylor/OU game and the Sugar Bowl. Got me even more excited about this year than I already was. 12-0 is the floor baby lol

#13 Baylor vs #10 Oklahoma

#7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma

#7 Baylor vs #5 Georgia Sugar Bowl

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Very cool , thanks for putting in the time and sharing .. hoping our receivers can capitalize on his talent this year .. looking forward to a good beat down of byu followed up by a conference championship.. football has been a long time coming

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

unfortunately, Brewer left the conference championship and sugar bowl with injury. The game to watch from 2019 would have been TCU. The last drive to tie the game and then the throws he made in OT were spectacular.

Not sure Utah has a receiver on the roster that can compare to Mims. A healthy Thompson might have been able to do a nice impression. Maybe they’ll finally give Enis a chance.

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

I think Enis, Vele, and Howard will replace Thompson’s production easily

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

This is the fix I am after. Thank you.

1 2

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Remember thinking the BigXII was awful durring the 2019 season, that is until Utah got waxed by a 7-5 Texas… 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yes but Texas is like USC. Very talented, land top recruits, but can’t seem to put it all together for an entire season.

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

That 7-5 Texas wasn’t healthy all year until that Alamo Bowl. That roster was still full of 5 stars

CB
          Ute Fan
          @solidhobo

Also Brewer beat Texas that year 24-10 so my point stands

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Texas Tech lost to Arizona, and Kansas, and took Baylor to 2OT. Arizona finished the season 4-8, Kansas 3-9. Obviously each game is different, hopefully Brewer is fantastic, but he still has to beat out Rising.

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Isn’t that the difference between the Power 5 and Group of 5?  A 3 win team still has enough talent to beat the best team in the conference.

Also, people can still point to Alamo Bowl to validate [name coach, player, position group] their problem with the program but if you really thought Utah was going to show up for that game after losing to Oregon that is a you problem. 

2 2

noneyadb
                Ute Fan
                @noneyadb

Except everybody on here still points to the Sugar Bowl to validate Whitt… Which way is it?

Hellhound152
                  Ute Fan
                  @hellhound152

If they do they are mistaken.  Whit’s validation is building the program into a legit top 25 P-5 program since joining the Pac12 and the back to back South Championships.  Not a game almost 15 years ago.  If the Utes had failed to make a bowl in 2014 Whit would have been gone then.

noneyadb
                    Ute Fan
                    @noneyadb

See Utah’s 2008 claim to the national title for evidence… Can’t have it both ways.

The national perception of the Pac12 is 💩💩💩. So what exactly has Utah done that’s so impressive? Beat BYU 9 times in a row??? Whooptee f**king do…

What did Brewer do at Baylor that has everybody so high on the kid? Did Georgia want to be there, since now we are claiming that a team has to want to play for a game to matter? Half the starters for Georgia didn’t play…. Texas apparently wasn’t the same team when they played Utah… So what has Brewer done for everybody to claim a 10+ win season and pound their chests and expect a Pac12 championship????

Going to 2OT vs a team that lost to Kansas and Arizona doesn’t sound impressive…

Hellhound152
                      Ute Fan
                      @hellhound152

You are right…  Utah’s win against Alabama was a fraud, Whit isn’t fit to coach pee wee, the program has been stagnant in the Pac12 era showing no overall improvement, and Brewer blows and always has.

Thanks for showing us the light!  No reason of optimism or fanhood.  Bring in the bulldozers and lets turn this place into a parking lot.

noneyadb
                        Ute Fan
                        @noneyadb

😂, y’all are f**king epic.

Central Coast Ute
                      Ute Fan
                      @flip2848

Dude, you would be awesome to hang out with at a party.🥳

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

‘19 Texas started the year Top-10 ranked & then caught the injury-bug, but was finally healthy again for our bowl game.

3 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Or maybe he’s not legit. We know nothing about how well he’ll play for us 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Charlie Brewer is legit