Chris Curry will be Utah’s leading rusher this year

Viewing 10 reply threads

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

He fits the mold of what Whit likes in a RB, and I was impressed with him in the Spring game.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I can’t argue with you.  It will be interesting to see if/when one of the running backs breaks free from the others (like #22 did last year).  I’d hate to be an opposing D-line or LB unit that gets softened up by Curry with a fresh Pledger, Bernard and Thomas waiting for their turn.  Yikes.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Reminds me a bit of Moss. 

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

agree, I thought he was the best backer at the spring game as well………….

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

3 yds avg/carry in his college career.  It appears he acknowledges he needs to step it up, has a chip and is putting in the work.  Rooting for him and the others to step up and take the job.

Go have a look at Micah Bernard’s HS hudl.  Don’t know why we continue to overlook his talent.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I liked those highlights. He looks tough.

WhitewaterUte
      Ute Fan
      @whitewaterute

In the highlight film he is consistantly getting 3 or 4 yac yards.  Whit loves yac yards!

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

If I had to guess right now it’s

1. Bernard
      2. Pledger
      3. Curry

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Pledger wins the job. Bernard is the best all around back but I think Pledger will be the eventual starter.

Plenty of carries to go around though.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

This doesn’t surprise me at all.  Curry looked good in the spring game, but Bernard was still #1 on the depth chart going into the game if I recall.  Everyone seems to have forgotten Pledger….and our JC transfer.  I think it’s going to be a battle for carries.  Should be fun. 

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

Well if he’s turns out to be the third best back this year, that’s an awesome place to be as a team.

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

When I watch Pledger, I see flashes, and then I get flashbacks of Darryl Poston. 

I think Bernard gets the start at RB1, but I just love the physicality and the jump cut from Curry, and putting my money on him to ultimately win the job. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Judging from those clips, I think he will quickly curry favor with Utah fans.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Majority of those highlights are garbage time. It’s Bernard or Pledger.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

He runs like a hammer. Much like Quinton Ganther.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a little thunder and lightning. Like Chris Fuamatu-Maʻafala and Juan Johnson in the 90s

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chris Curry will be Utah’s leading rusher this year