Coach K has been reprimanded by the Pac12 for complaining about officiating

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 5

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Because we all know it’s the officiating that has turned the basketball program into a joke.

What a clown.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Well… we all know the pac 12 name ain’t the best in the business…

I mean, k has his problems but… can we blame him?

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

That was some vintages PAC12 refffingdown the stretch.

5 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He is a clown. But he isn’t wrong about the s**tty officiating.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Did you happen to see the play with the call that he was complaining about?  I for one thought it was quite odd and completly unnecessary but it came in a 1 point game, with 4 seconds left, with the ball with the team that was behind.  I thought it was odd that it was not reviewed since the game was stopped.  Would you suggest that a coach must be near the top of the standings to complain.  However, I do agree, I don’t like coaches complaining about refs but that has nothing to do with success to excape that concept.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

While calls like who touched the ball going out of bounds last, whether a shot was 2 or 3 points, whether a shot before/after game or shot clock expired, etc., are commonly reviewed, not sure if dribble violations are reviewable or not.

Tough call which was very untimely, but we need look at other mistakes made in the closing parts of the game (including needing to try to gather in an errant pass right at midcourt with a few seconds left) and try to correct them going forward.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Well, it is a no win situation.  The conference will repremend him for comment even if it is clear they blew a call.  I don’t even expect them to say sorry to Larry in private.  As to the context of the rest of the game, it is not possible to expect that the Utes or any Pac team could have played better.  On the road playing Oregon with a one point game, have the ball and have plenty of time to shoot.  A pas went inside to Carlson that was tiped out to midcourt.  Without a great play by Oregon to get the tip, Carlson had a dunk which would have given us a lead with seconds left.  I don’t feel many get the road win with 2 starters out.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Coach K was absolutely right about the Oregon game call. It was a baffling miscall. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve criticism either for coaching weaknesses, but damn, that was a terrible call.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Coach K has been reprimanded by the Pac12 for complaining about officiating