Coaches: It was Nate Johnson all along.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      12 2

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

There was no reason for that game being as close as it was. Nate Johnson is clearly next man up. Fix your mistake, promote him and let him go against Weber st.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

we are so desperate for a single completion Nate Johnson looks like Tom Brady to us

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree!!! Nate needs to be QB3 going forward. I hope Cam can get some reps next week. But, once we get a lead, put in Nate for the rest of the game.

12 8

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I’ve been criticized heavily by fellow Ute fans all offseason for saying that Barnes should never play another snap of Utah football. I’ve been told that all he needed was some prep time and a game plan tailored to his “strong suits”. Looks like Barnes believers can finally go crawl in a hole and never come back.

8 3

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

You and me both bro. You and me both.

4 1

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

freal…

6 1

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I hear what you’re saying and will agree that Barnes is not the best option going forward but where were you last week when Barnes won against Florida while going 12-18 with a rushing TD and a passing TD? Where were you, then? I know he leaves much to be desired, but he’s still undefeated as a starter at Utah, although I’ll admit he was bailed out by NJ, today. Nate was unproven going into the season, he’s starting to prove himself and looks definitely like the path forward over Barnes.
        I know you want to crow today and speak in absolutes, but he also won you the game last week against an SEC team. So you give him no credit to ever play at Utah? Well, he’s a large part of why Utah is 2-0. Put that in your juice box and suck it.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Look Bryson, we still love you even if you have a horrible game. You don’t have to come here incognito singing your praises and all. You got your scholly, right? You’re a decent QB when you don’t have to be the guy but, hopefully, today’s game was the last college action you’ll ever see.

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

Yawn

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Exactly…just like Bryson’s game…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The fumbles are the issue, IMO.

PNW Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pnwute

This. Whit always goes with the “safe” choice on offense over the possibility of turnovers. At some point (and maybe we’ve seen it today), he has to accept that the risk of a fumble or two a game are more than outweighed by the improvement in the offense.

3 3

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Someone shut Whit’s ass (respectfully) out of the QB selection process.

Three times in extremely recent history we have trotted out an absolute dud over someone vastly better. Barnes deserves more credit than Bentley or Brewer and at least the coaches didn’t allow us to drop multiple games waiting on him unlike with the other 2.

There is a deep, consistent, severe problem in our QB room and it ain’t the players fault. Completely disregarding development, which one could absolutely take issue with. This s**t is unacceptable and ridiculous.

Actually you know what, no more quarterbacks with B names, there we go. Solved it.

NJ shouldn’t have to ball out and the defense ball for us to even have a chance in game would probably would’ve won by 21 or more if NJ was tapped to begin with.

4 2

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

For real. Hopefully Nate sees this as a positive and has nothing but good memories. He seems like a really nice guy and a good kid. Personally, I would be P**SED if my coach kept me out over a pig farmer walk on who also worked at Lowe’s.

5 1

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Cam had to be given a chance to play to earn Whitt’s trust. How is it any different with any other QB? I don’t care if Barnes makes less mistakes in practice, Nate clearly has abilities that Barnes does not. I would rather loose while giving Nate experience and allowing him to grow mistakes and all, than watch another 3 quarters of what our offense looked like against Baylor today.

2 2

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

The difference is that he was vastly better than the person he had to prove himself to replace, which leaves one wondering why exactly he had to prove himself to replace them. I’d chalk it up to a simple bad decision if it wasn’t a trend at this point.

Barnes, Bentley, Brewer. All the same story.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I hope Nate Johnson plays 100% of the Weber game. He showed that he can throw well enough and be a run threat. I don’t think Utah wins today if Barnes was the QB for those final two drives.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

There’s no way Utah wins today if Barnes wasn’t replaced by Johnson. I was telling my wife at halftime that NJ needed to play. I don’t usually like to call out the coaching staff, but this should have been obvious to them.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coaches: It was Nate Johnson all along.