Fall Camp Starts Today!

Viewing 4 reply threads

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

Fall Camp starts today, fellas! Does anyone know what media availability there will be this year? Are any practices open? Today the drought of summer is officially over!

WingUTE
      Ute Fan
      @wingute

It’s about time…sheesh!

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

From what I heard they were limiting practice observation even more this year. I think all the media gets is the last 15 minutes of like 10 practices. The rest are completely closed I think. 

I doubt they have anything open to the public.

Makes sense with installing a completely new offense I guess. 

WhoAmISir
      Ute Fan
      @whoamisir

Here’s teh skinny on Media observations.  As stated it’s pretty slim this year.

“Fall Camp start July 28 and ends August 19. Meida will be able to observe the last 20 minutes of weekday practices and Saturdays are interview only. Utah clamped down pretty good again, hypothetically say if Hansen were to only be lining up at LB, media can’t report it unless Whittingham mentions it.”

As usual, practices will be closed to the public, and no longer will media be able to observe every practice during camp. Here’s the schedule we have. 

All interviews are conducted at the conclusion of practice.

Friday, July 28: Media observation, 6:40 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Monday, July 31: Media observation, 6:40 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Tuesday, Aug. 1: Media observation, 6:40 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Thursday, Aug. 3: Media observation, 6:40 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Saturday, Aug. 5: Interviews only (NO observation) following scrimmage, 12:30 p.m. (Rice-Eccles Stadium)

Monday, Aug. 7: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Ute Baseball Field)

Tuesday, Aug. 8: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Ute Baseball Field)

Thursday, Aug. 10: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Ute Baseball Field)

Saturday, Aug. 12: Interviews only (NO observation) following scrimmage, 12:30 p.m. (Rice-Eccles Stadium)

Monday, Aug. 14: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Ute Baseball Field)

Tuesday, Aug. 15: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Thursday, Aug. 17: Media observation, 5:10 p.m. (Eccles Football Center fields)

Saturday, Aug. 19: Interviews only (NO observation) following scrimmage, 12:30 p.m. (Rice-Eccles Stadium)”

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

There are no fall camp practices nor scrimmages open to the public and the press barely gets the last 15 minutes of practice.  It is not like spring camp at all.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fall Camp Starts Today!