Faysel Aden TD run!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Will say he had the most shiftyness and burst amongst the rbs yesterday. IMO.
      Who is this guy?

2 15

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I do not understand the interest in watching a portion of our team play another portion of our team. It honestly seems meaningless to me. The only thing that brings even the slightest interest to me is the worry that one of our players will injure another of our players in the process.

1 9

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Rather than a thumbs-down, let’s have a conversation about what interests you about it, please? I am sure there are others who feel this way. I assume they choose not to express it.

1 8

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I consider myself an over-the-top Utah sports fan, but I do not understand the excitement over an intrasquad scrimmage.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

for the staff, it’s an opportunity to evaluate progress in as close an approximation to live games as possible.

for the kids, it’s a reward because while practices can get tedious, games even against your own team are fun.

for those low on the depth chart, it’s an opportunity to show what they can do and hopefully earn more opportunities in the fall. the closer you get to the season, the less reps there are to spread around

for the fans, it’s an opportunity to watch the team they root for.

everytime these kids step on the field, there is an injury risk. it is the nature of the sport they play.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

That is a minority fan perspective. If you have been involved in coaching even at the middle school and high school level, you would know the players live for games. However, preseason and spring there are no games so they live for live scrimmages just the same. The play is much closer to games than drills and practice. Just watch kids when you tell them they have a scrimmage on Friday. The introduction of fans picks it up more. Fans that want to look forward to next year beyond reading names and ratings enjoy seeing new guys in play. Many freshmen only appear first at the spring game following their first year in the program, then there are the transfers. If you could spend time at practice you would not have this question.

The spring game has come a long way. I remember the varsity playing the alumni, some of which had been out of school 10 years. Then injuries to poor souls who were not in shape and without insurance ended that era. Then we endured standing along the chain link fence at the practice field before we returned to the stadium for the current format that I feel is wonderful. It is easy to pass on if your interest in spring is elsewhere.

1 7

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I have been to many practices over the years. But, I do understand the points the both of you have offered.

2 6

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for your perspectives.

1 5

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for expressing your hatred towards me. I know I have earned it with my anti-mormon, anti-government, foreign spelling posts.

DataUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @scotwaye

Tony isn’t Elon – this isn’t Twitter. You can put more than 140 characters into a post so you don’t post a string of several words or a couple sentences. 

dystopiamembrane
                      Ute Fan
                      @dystopiamembrane

I understand  what you are saying. People generally don’t read below the fold.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

I get what you’re saying.

BUT… if you are a FB junky, like me, you love watching iso views of individual players and positions.  In a meaningless game like this you can focus on the RG for example to see how each ind is playing that role on the different types  of plays.  Or watch what the WR’s are doing when they are not getting the ball thrown their way (we need work in that area).  

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I completely understand what you are saying. I am not a FB junky. The sport itself is not appealing to me. I watch college football for the college sporting event and not for the individual activity of the players. 

DataUte
            Ute Fan
            @scotwaye

Then don’t post on FB threads. This is generally a sports board and FB is the most popular sport. Show some self restraint.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Aden is a local kid out of West High, my almamater. He actually looked pretty good and got quite a few reps. I was surprised because he is a Junior and I don’t think I have seen him in any game action, not even special teams for punts and kickoffs. So I thought they are probably just giving him some playing time for being a loyal benchwarmer.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

I am a West High alum also.

MineralUte
          Ute Fan
          @mineralute

Go Panthers! ’94

BD
            Ute Fan
            @flyfisherman

Class of ’86 for me.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Class of 60′! Good old West High. Some great years and experiences. Glad to see there are other West High alums on this board!

Hope Aden gets some playing time after that performance.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Looks like Faysal is entering the transfer portal. With Utah’s RB room stacked deep, it makes sense that he would want to transfer. He absolutely deserves a place where he can use his skills and have success. Wish him the best.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

It’s not surprising for a RB move on after a class of three 4 stars are brought in and Utah runs an offense that rarely has more than one RB on the field at a time.

Good for him taking advantage of the chance to put some good runs on tape and it wouldn’t surprise me if Whitt purposefully featured the walk-ons during the spring game for that very reason. I can’t say with any certainty that is a true statement but it sounds like something Whitt would do, especially if Aden made it known that he was interested in the portal prior to the game.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Faysel Aden TD run!!