Feel bad for Troy Williams but feel great for what’s to come for the Utes!

Viewing 3 reply threads

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Love Troy W. and his attitude and professionalism. He took the time after the Indiana bowl game to take pictures with my son and chat for a bit. Guy is the epitome of a class act. 

That said the Utes are going in a new direction. Flash and flare! 

Just looking at THunts vids on YouTube u can see why TT has chosen the electric player. Kid is elusive and makes plays. Has afterburners like you have never seen. His side shuffle to elude pass rushers and make a play downfield is his asset. Has a strong arm  

watch this video and mute the music …….it’s a little overbearing….remind you it’s 2014 season too!

watch how he side steps rushers and makes plays

watch how hes about to get sacked and he evades just enough to find a receiver

watch his burst when he runs……..its at times too fast he needs to stay in control  

watch his footwork in pocket

this kid will make mistakes, but will make more positive plays overall, that THunts will be must watch TV  

my gut says he was the choice all along and they wanted to keep Troy W for depth

Anonymous
      Inactive

He sure has a lot of highlights.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Watched about a third of that and will have to say, wow! He was pretty impressive in high school. No wonder he won the FL player of the year.

One thing that’s encouraging to me, after watching that, is typically when you see a QB in HS with that kind of athletic ability, able to slip tackles, make defenders miss, etc., you expect them to end up playing WR or RB in college, maybe even DB. But to see that kind of athletic ability and for him to win the starting QB job, he must also have a good arm, accuracy, and a high football IQ.

In most cases you find a QB with the later set of skills, but to find one with that and athleticism, he has the potential to be the total package. We may have a Vince Young type of QB here. Too soon? Yeah, it is. So we’ll just wait and see.

Either way, I’m stoked for this season.

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Love the Vince young call. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

He’s a bit long on the release.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

That’s much better than being short on the release. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Feel bad for Troy Williams but feel great for what’s to come for the Utes!