For those of you who are uncomfortable with the helmets

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

For any reason, you are (in my possibly wrong opinion) wrong. First and foremost, I dont like the idea of a bunch of onlookers telling people who watched their friend get brutally murdered that they’ve mourned long enough. Who are any of us to suggest how they should or shouldn’t be handling these very traumatic events?

Second, I think they look awesome. No way everyone on that team doesn’t love those.

Third, what else would you have preferred? More Ute tribute stuff? More military themed stuff that is loosely associated with the UofU at best? If they are going to do a hand painted helmet thing, why not this??

*** If the corporate side of the university is pushing this on the team, shame on them forever.

2 1

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

I don’t think it’s wrong to pay tribute, and I think the helmets look awesome.

That said, I can’t imagine being Bernard, who was there, looking to my left or right to get the protection call from my QB and see my dead best friends face on his helmet. Will he get overwhelmed with emotion? Freeze? Who knows. 

I’m old enough to have had to bury family and friends, and I cannot imagine what these guys are going through. But to have to relive it? That’s harder.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Well, that’s exactly my point. If the players want it, it should happen. If they don’t, it should not. My assumption is that the university is doing this for the right reasons. Big assumption, I know.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I will say this. It’s entirely possible that tge players, knowing what mama Lowe said to them, would have a positive reaction to seeing their faces next to them on the football field. Seems to me (again, I don’t know anything) that these helmets will be a motivation rather than an emotional trigger.

Though I can see family members not wanting tge faces of their boys getting scuffed up on tge field. I gotta believe tge parents whole heartedly endorsed this though. Why else would the university do it?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

It depends on the individual. For some, it might cause flashbacks. For others, comfort. Me personally, I like to see pictures of my dead Marines.it doesn’t make it any worse for them to be gone and I’m reminded of the good times when I see their faces in pictures.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Here’s my helmet tribute submission ideas:
      Bubbles

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

I’m not sure what this is but I like it. 🙂

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

It’s Bubbles! Predecessor to crazy lady

1 2

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Bubbles was great…crazy lady not so much (just my opinion).

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

You and I are in full agreement on this subject!

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Is it wrong of me to just not simply like the design nor look of the helmet?

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Incorrect? Yes. Inappropriate? No

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m that way with Ute proud.  I want to see the tribe honored but I just don’t like the look.  #d&f4life

i did however get quite hyped over this new helmet.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For those of you who are uncomfortable with the helmets

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ute2.