For you UH haters, UFN is back up

Viewing 14 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

UFN is back up.  Looks like 5 days lost there. First post from someone calls this site “Utehump.”  That seems pretty douchey to me.  I’ve done nothing but try to make a great fan site for the Utes.  If that’s a problem for you, let me know your account so I can delete it.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Tony, that place is a cesspool. You can’t be surprised that someone would post something like that. Disrespect is the name of the game on UF.N.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Plus the poster was “Ann Arbor Ute”… probably the most disrespectful and douchiest of them all. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

AAU is a total clown

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

I’m still mad that AnnArbor didn’t take the Garret Bolles bet.

Anonymous
          Inactive

AAU is a troll all of his posts point towards a troll.  

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Dude, AAUte is the biggest troll over there. Just add Utehub to the long list of things he hates, right after Kyle Whittingham, Mormons, and the great state of Utah.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And the University of Utah.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t get why people on both sides bag on the other site. Makes no sense to me. Who cares? 

I prefer UFN, but this place is great as well. If one of the two sites could find a way to be inclusive to all, it would bury the other site. 

Also, Tony, most of the publicity for your site has come from you getting free advertising from UFN. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I’m with you. I like frequenting both sites. This site has potential for long and rip roaring discussions the other one is good for instant interactions.

Both have a place. But dammit if it isn’t frustrating the other site crashes so much.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

I think people on that site bag on UteHub because they bag on anything that’s not UF.N. No offense to those that are regular contributors to UF.N, but there is a pretty heavy clique culture over there, and I think people felt threatened that a new, viable site sprung up that might rival or displace their familiar Message Board home as the premiere location for Ute Sports chatter. It is almost logical that they would be critical of UteHub as a defense mechanism – this is easily the most viable alternative to UF.N in existence.

I think people on UteHub bag on UF.N not because it’s UF.N, but because Monkey took things way too far and left a lot of people with bad tastes in their mouth (myself included). Their dislike of UF.N is more a dislike of Monkey and his shenanigans exhibiting itself.

Personally, I still check UF.N on occasion, though I don’t contribute. Sometimes stuff gets posted there before it gets posted here, and vice versa. If more people were more active here more regularly, something tells me that wouldn’t be an issue and I wouldn’t really go over there much.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

@Tony, negative comments are still FREE PUB!!!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

@Tony, negative comments are still FREE PUB!!!

Great! Now UFN will be #1 in google search for Utehump!

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

EFF those people. This site is so much better. I thank you for providing this site!

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

It’s not “those” people. It’s one s**t stirrer. Utah is right, people on both sides need to stop acting like factions of rival gangs.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

But I want to have snappy dance offs and song about Maria. Because let’s be honest if the two sites were gamgsvit would be closer to Jets and Sharks than Bloods and Crips.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

More like Alex’s Droogs versus Billyboy’s gang in A Clockwork Orange. Lot’s of white dudes engaging in snappy banter while drinking milk and possibly wearing makeup.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I feel like an ass that I used to stick up for him. No more.

EUte
        Ute Fan
        @eute

I used to think he was a just an extremely cynical/ smartass fan who also liked to push people’s buttons.  But now I’m at least 95% sure he’s not even a Utah fan at all.

Anonymous
          Inactive

It is kind of sad that people take the time to just be like him.  Pathetic really if I cared.  

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

UTEHUMP?

It’s HUMP, which is good, and a UTE in front of it. UTE-HUMP. When you consider the other choices, UTEHUMP is actually pretty refreshing

– George Costanza

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you don’t like something online stop giving it traffic.  Easy solution.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I guess I should be more thick skinned. Just kind of caught me off guard. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Don’t worry. That guy is a douche. I think he is a BYU-P troll. The most dedicated one ever. 

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

Have you banned AnnArbor here yet? I thought that HoosierDaddy guy posing as an Indiana fan was 99% AAU.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Don’t listen to him, Tony. This site rocks and we all appreciate your efforts. I suspect UFN will die completely one day and you’ll be king!

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

So does this mean we refer to ourselves as “humpsters”.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And when the King has a monopoly on Ute fan boards… fundraisers!

Don’t listen to him, Tony. This site rocks and we all appreciate your efforts. I suspect UFN will die completely one day and you’ll be king!

aquasaurious
      Ute Fan
      @aquasaurious

Don’t give it a second thought, Tony. That kind of rhetoric says nothing about you and everything about the poster in question. UteHump is the new and glorious king of the Uteaverse. Long may you reign.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc For you UH haters, UFN is back up