Viewing 5 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Inside the Huddle
      BYU transfer linebacker Francis Bernard has joined the team and will begin the mandated five-day acclimatization period today (Aug. 13). Bernard, a junior with two years to play two, redshirted in 2017 while taking classes at Rio Salado College and is eligible to play in games this fall … Sophomore linebacker Moroni Anae will miss the 2018 season with an injury. Anae, a walk-on from Riverside CC, joined the Utes in the spring … Walk-on defensive back Anthony Armstrong has been added to the camp 110 roster. Armstrong, a graduate transfer from BYU, has one year of college eligibility remaining … Defensive end Bradlee Anae, center Lo Falemaka, and defensive tackle Leki Fotu have been named to the 2018 Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Award watch list.

https://utahutes.com/news/2018/8/13/football-enters-final-week-of-fall-camp.aspx?path=football

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Excited

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK. Now let’s see what’s all the fuss?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Francis

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Lighten up, Francis.

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

Very exciting news! Now, realistically, what are the chances that he is able to contribute meaningfully this season? Is it too much to ask that he come in and compete right away?

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

I’m hoping he can get his legs under him during the potential garbage time with Weber State and NIU, assuming there is any. Once he’s accustomed, I figure he’s a rotational/situational LB, will be great to have him against Stanford with his size and speed.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It depends on if he is in shape or not. He knows the defense, he played in Kyle’s defense at BYU. It’s whether or not he can handle it conditioning wise. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I think it’s very realistic that we will see a lot of Bernard and Hansen as the 2 LBs for much of the season.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Very realistic.  We have time to get him up to speed but I expect he’ll be ready full time by Washington (probably much sooner).  He’s in very good shape and has had access to the defensive playbook/terminology for sometime.  He will play in the NFL.  

Bottom line is that the depth he brings WAS the missing piece.  Cannot wait to see this D play…Cannot wait to see this O play.  Man I’m excited for the next two years.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Peterson and Browning are preparing for Auburn but they know a big gut punch is coming from Utah very soon. 

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

The Washington install is already taking place on defense.  One of the advantages of having a veteran defense.  Not that we’re taking Weber/ N ILL lightly but the extra prep time for the Huskies will be very beneficial in week 3 while they currently have their eyes on Auburn.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Washington’s start is really rough. I really believe they split the Auburn/Utah games. If they beat Auburn I think Utah has a great chance to win. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Francis Bernard with Utah