Give Me Your Bold Predictions

Viewing 8 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I liked Proud’s 60 in 60 thread and Eagle’s prediction of O’Toole being the sack leader by year end.

What’s your bold prediction for this season? Mine is JJ becomes a top tier RB that can catch out of the backfield.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This may sounds petty but I want JJ to break TT single season touchdown record. 
      Just seems right. 
      Utah will have a 1000 yard single season wideout and it will be…..

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Why the hell would that be petty. I want every year’s RB1 to break all the records.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well yeah. But like specifically JJ. You know because I am being petty haha. 

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

1,000 yard WR = DeVaughn Vele (or the transfer who started at Oklahoma who isn’t yet official but should be before fall camp…can’t remember his name).

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I hope JJ has an amazing season too. 

I would love to have a 1000-yard receiver.  Heck, Ohio State had three of them in one season in 2021.  If it happens – I suspect it will be Kuithe.  He will be Cam’s main target.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Honestly I hope JJ, Vele and some other wideout beat Kuithe in Targets. Rising needs to demonstrate he can move the ball around. 

Utah also needs more firepower other than one guy. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Spencer Fano finishes the season as a starter on the O-Line.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Pepa will be first team PAC12. 

EmersonUte
        Ute Fan
        @blpace

totally agree with this.  Pepa getting double teamed all game every game by the time we play Baylor.  

I also think Levani Damuni gets up to speed much quicker than Mo Diabate did last year and leads the team in tackles.

also predicting our new kicker becomes a fan favorite with a giant cheer for every….single….touchback…. all season long.  

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

It seems like there are some naysayers or at least doubters among the experts on Rising. Certainly the injury gives them pause but there seems to be a little more to it. Hell, I’m even a little critical – but I love the guy.

Rising passes for 4,000+, has four receivers/tight ends over 500+ yards including one at 1,000 yards and wins the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year by a hair over JJ.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Rick, I would love that!!!  But, with Whitt as head coach and our offensive attack – I don’t see that happening.  Add to that – we have a strong RB room.  I doubt we will pass enough to get 4000 yards passing.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

I know – I’m just dreaming. I do think 3,500 is a good number for Cam and I want the runningbacks to be awesome. What this offense needs is a 300+ passing and 200+ running as an average. If that happens it will be a special year with what the defense is going to be.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I will add another one.  Bishop becomes an All-American.  Vaki has a breakout season at safety too.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Bishop and Kuithe were listed as pre-season 2nd team AA (I think by Athlon. The list is on 247’s News Feed) and Tafuna was 3rd team so you are decent company with that pick.

2 4

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Utah staff cools on Isaac Wilson and take two scholarship QBs this cycle. 

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I half-agree. I think there is a good possibility Utah takes 2 Qb’s this cycle but it will be more about transfers from the current room and not specifically about Wilson’s senior year.

Edit: The 2024 cycle goes from mid-December 2023 through the start of the 2024 season. I just can’t see all of Johnson, Rose, Barnes and Howard still on the roster through August of ’24 and we know that Rising will be gone. I think Ludwig will do everything he can to have 5 scholarship QB’s in the room and it’s my belief that there will be an experienced transfer join the team at some point after the bowls are done. Whether that is a depth piece or starter depends on how the ’23 season plays out and my crystal ball can’t see that far.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The 60 in 60 will not make sense as they try too hard to balance out Utah and the Y. As the Utah offense picks up I expect to see more RBs and WRs get into the 500 to 800 yard range as opposed to a leader getting much beyond 1,000. I prefer spreading the ball around more than a go to guy. Utah’s QB will not lead the Pac in yards because of the smart way Whitt plays in the 4th qtr with a lead (and it has nothing to do with the bird from the Wyo coach). Pepa will be interesting to watch. I expect him to be a big factor without lots of reps. Being that big and being doubled takes a lot out of a player. Scalley will scheme how to play him at high reward moments.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

My bold prediction is 80% red zone TD percentage and averaging 4 sacks and 1 int per game on defense

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Give Me Your Bold Predictions