Grayson Allen is up to his old tricks

Viewing 8 reply threads
      2 9

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

If he isn’t going to grow up then I don’t want him representing the state of Utah in any way. He’s just a punk.

4 5

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

So is he just supposed to take almost getting his shoulder dislocated?

5 5

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

He could have not wrapped his arm around Young in the first place.

4 4

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I watched the full replay, the initial wrap up appeared accidental.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Jazz drafted him for that stuff. Draymond Green esque almost. 

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

I’m not a fan of GA, but give me a break.  That was a typical basketball foul that Young blew up, not Grayson.  

4 6

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That looks like the same ole Pukey s**t he did in college. 

6 8

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not sure I’ll be able to take seeing this dirt bag on the Jazz….

5 3

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I would have reacted the same way in this scenario.  He knew he fouled him and stopped, Young then shoved him down and Allen reacted.  I don’t have an issue with it.  

1 5

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It’s interesting to see the opinions on this. If Allen did this to Mitchell would that change your opinion?

3 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

My opinions wouldn’t change. Allen clearly could him but didn’t extend the foul. Young nigh on dislocated his shoulder with that shove. I would have been shocked had Mitchell done that. And still said he shouldn’t have did that. I probably would understand why Allen did what he did but not be pleased. I wouldn’t call it dirty.

3 2

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Did you see the other picture of him on his face grabbing at a Hawk? I am fine with it buts let’s be honest the dude is dirty. Most are calling him Harpring as if that makes it better. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46355668&nid=294

What’s the excuse on that one?

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

What happened before the Hawk player was there? Was he going after a loose ball and the Hawk player got in the way? This picture doesn’t have enough context to show if the play was dirty. I can think of one play, if you got a snapshot, that made it look like a Hawks player just blasted our guy when it was just an accidental collision. So, if it is truly him tripping on purpose then yeah dirty. But a still from a picture isn’t enough to base this kind of conclusion on.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Changing slightly to Young, I watched his highlights of that game. What a piece of crap. His shot is awful to and flat looks like Hawks have a lot of work to do. Compared to Allen who looks NBA ready. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Yeah, not saying it was a perfectly clean play by Allen, but Young escalated it.  There are plenty of plays by Allen that are dirty, this one is just a hard foul to keep young from shooting the 3.  Conversely had Mitchell committed the foul would you have found it as dirty of a play?

4 2

Da Vinci Ute
      Ute Fan
      @davinciute

Only a snowflake would be offended by that play. He’s playing big boy basketball, he’s not looking to end anyone’s career. if you’re looking for dirty play you’ll find it in every good player in the NBA.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

If Karl Malone and John Stockton played for other teams we would have thought they were dirty players.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Find me a highlight of Stockton or Malone tripping someone. Allen has a reputation for that. Hard play as shown above isn’t what Allen does. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Fair on the tripping part. One could argue Stockton was worse – here’s why. 

When I was a kid, I went to a basketball camp in the summer and Andre Miller was the guest speaker. Got to meet him and get his autograph. I lived in CA and had no idea what a collegiate legend he was or that I would ever end up in SLC, or a U of U guy. He said that John Stockton was by far the dirtiest player and toughest to go against – he’d constantly hit or grab his groin area. 

As fans, we of course never saw that. Hell, even the officials never did because Stockton rarely fouled out! He had a reputation in the league, but was discreet. Not defending GA, tripping is complete crap. Its just more egregious than what Stockton did, but not necessarily more dirty. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

What about Karl Malone knocking out half the league with his elbow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzQTm9C788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZIiY0LwMzA

Da Vinci Ute
          Ute Fan
          @davinciute

There is the clip of Malone and Rodman seeing who can shove the other down and trip them without actually appearing to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUBJWVlZaI

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Question: is Allen also dirty for getting slapped today?

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Why is tripping considered dirtier than many other fouls that are actually much harder? There are numerous examples of extremely hard fouls in games (particularly breakaway hard fouls in the back), yet we tend to forget about those plays and those players are not typically tagged with being dirty in the same way that Allen is. Tripping isn’t even very dangerous or violent, it seems like bad sportsmanship, but not sure why it is deemed worse in public opinion than a hard foul at the basket where the fouler is clearly trying to intentionally foul.

My sense is that Allen’s reputation would be a lot different if he were not a white player that looks like a prominent republican politician and went to Duke. Rajon Rondo tried tripping Crowder while Rondo was sitting on the bench and Crowder ran by after making a basket. Yet, people rarely talk about Rondo being a dirty player or bring that incident up everytime he fouls someone.

For right or wrong, Allen’s reputation will forever be that he is dirty, so people are probably a bit hypersensitive about every one of his fouls. Also, other players will take advantage of that by trying to get him to react, knowing that Allen’s reputation will work to their benefit.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Rondo is dirty. Tripping in basketball is a bitch move. I can take a million elbows but tripping is for bitches. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Grayson Allen is up to his old tricks