Harding stepping in to help the O…

Viewing 4 reply threads

GiantUte
      Ute Fan
      @giantute

The comments below are the first I had heard of Harding stepping in and providing more input/help. Any other details on that situation and how it all came about?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Spin 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Right?  I never heard about this either.  

I know Moss was fairly frustrated with the offensive play calling early on.  It was also very apparent that Covey had some questions about what was going on.  Hell, even the most casual fan was wondering why we weren’t running the ball more with Moss.  I wonder if this departure would sway Moss’ decision at all?  I still give it a 1% chance he’ll return by maybe, just maybe?

3 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

After the UW game, Whitt said that Harding would be taking a more active role in game planning. From that point forward, we ran the ball a lot more and we were a lot more successful. 

@Onlyu stated that Taylor talked to Lisk about transferring “a few weeks back.”

Look at the playcalling Utah’s last two games:

BYU 10 first half rushes. 27 second half rushes. 

UW 12 first half rushes, 13 second half rushes. 

Weirdly, the less we rushed the ball, the worse off we did. I wonder if Taylor knew he had a foot out the door and wanted to “prove” he was right to not run the ball, almost costing us the BYU game and potentially costing us the UW game. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

After the first UW game I only remember the amount of offensive personale rotations being too heavy as being discussed. TT copied the Rams bunch formations a lot more and the RPO really helped Huntley. TT took the majority of the credit on that from what I remember. 

1 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Look at my post above, but WAS the bunch formations Taylor’s idea? Seeing how much our offense reverted back to pre-WSU the last two games of the year…I wonder if the bunch was Harding’s influence and Taylor said, “screw it” the last two games and ran his plays, not Harding’s. 

And it showed. Our offense changed vs BYU and UW. And not for the better. It reverted. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Who got Huntley out of his funk is my only question? That was what turned the season around. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Additionally after the Stanford game Simpkins and Nacua both spoke of off field things Huntley was going through. Post game and then pre game of Zona it was talked about. 

GiantUte
        Ute Fan
        @giantute

Thanks.  I wasn’t aware of Whitt’s comments following the UW game.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Multiple reports. But mainly Whitt straight up said it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Harding stepping in to help the O…