Harding was part of the Ludwig deal

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Bill Riley said that since ND lost their Oline coach – bringing Harding along with him was part of the deal.
      Bill also said that ND is traditionally cheap when it comes to paying coaches a la BYU. Their current coach makes less than half of what KW makes. Considering the money that ND has and makes – this seems odd to me.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

That would have been a big hit if we lost both of those guys.  I’m glad that they are apparently staying here.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Need to keep this coaching staff in place for the playoffs , still don’t think we’ve seen their full potential , especially with the recruiting class we’ve just landed

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

That’s somewhat surprising to me that ND would be that cheap in paying their coaches considering how much money they make. I only say somewhat surprising, because I know of companies that purposely pay less than their competitors because they really think that working for them is so prestigious that employees will take less in exchange for the privilege to work there. Perhaps ND has the same mentality.

Either way, I’m definitely glad we haven’t lost them! I hope ND’s interest in them adds to their confidence more than they have any resentment that Utah didn’t let them go.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

It probably would have been a reason to promote Harding to OC to replace Ludwig.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That makes far more sense than the financial terms. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Good on him striking when the iron is hot. If Ludwig really wanted to go to ND it would of happened. No harm kicking the tires with an all expense paid trip to ND, check out the history, listen to how great ND is, test your worth. No thanks, happy to stay in Utah. Thank You Mr. Harlan for the nice raise. I hope Harding gets a raise out of it as well. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Raises for everyone! Season ticket holders too!

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

If raised season ticket prices are the price of increased success, then I’m all for season ticket holders paying more to improve the program. I appreciate the sacrifices season ticket holders like yourself are making on my behalf Tony!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Harding was part of the Ludwig deal