Harlan

Viewing 6 reply threads
      1 1

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Found out Harlan is on the committee.

I really hope he wasn’t on the wrong side of the room for this farce.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’d really like to know how they voted. And also if it’s a majority or unanimous vote that carries the day.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Actually he was probably one of the few with not much interest to protect. He can lean into the Pac interest to help a team that helped end the Pac and the Pac is months from being completely in history only. Probably hard to lean into the Big 12 to help a team that is leaving the Big 12 and his new home is full of strangers that were our active enemy in our struggle for conference survival. He also comes from the part of football that is often pushed aside much like FSU just was. I wonder if they let him talk much or valued his thoughts. This is a room full of pirates with only self interest to consider in most cases.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

This is a room full of pirates with only self interest to consider in most cases.

That’s the line of the year. Never have truer words been spoken.

4 6

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

I don’t trust Harlan

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I hope he was with some handshake agreements that a vote for Texas and Bama would bode well for utah when the B12 collapses.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Why? Because 10 years from now someone is going to remember it? Fat chance. If Harlan agreed to a cooked up scheme based on nebulous “future considerations” more fool he.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I think we have learned even hard agreements only last half way to the first opportunity.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

pending judicial decisions, voting for Texas hurts Utah. If anything, Harlan should have been arguing for Oregon’s inclusion since that puts money in Utah’s pocket. Unless Texas getting in to the CFP builds up the Big-12 coffers which Utah will eventually get a split of, in which case I retract my point.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

This is the same guy that convinced the other PAC12 teams to hold our for more money. How did that work out? I’ve been saying it from day 1 yet some support him no matter what. He is not a Ute, he will never be a Ute and he is only here to get to the next job. He is in fact one of the pirates in the room.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

The next 4-6 years are defining times for Harlan’s run as Utah AD, if he sticks around. Chris Hill’s vision, get to the P12. Randall and Harlan’s vision, get in the club when networks decide on who’s in and who’s out. Utah’s realistic football goal every year will be B12 Championship and play-off. If Utah can get into some play-off games, win a game than get home field. The RES mid-December getting hammered with lake affect snow and the MUSS going nuts, tough out for a visiting team. IF they take care of business, Utah has an easier route to the play-off than UO, USC and UW over the next five years. UCLA, well…going to battle with Indiana and Illinois for last place at the rate they’re going. College football is truly growing into a 365 day sport. Off season about to get looney!

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

I agree with everything you said. I’d also follow up that unfortunately we as fans/supporters/boosters of the program also need to step up as much as we can in donations/NIL money etc. I wish that weren’t the case but it is. We need to continue to remain relevant as this musical chairs arms race evolves for the next 5+ years.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

I hope RES never hosts a playoff game because if we don’t, we are one of the top 4 conference champions and we get a bye to a bowl game for the quarterfinals

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I’d like to host Florida or USC and combine a snowstorm with the altitude…

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

It’s funny…I’ve seen plenty of fanbases angry at their AD for subpar athletic performance. But I’ve never seen a fanbase actively rooting for the downfall of their AD until ours.

(This post was not directed at OP)

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Not everyone is going to believe Utah was driving the decision process that day like we so often did. Let’s just go with someone in California thinks something that happened is someone else’s fault. Just because we were pushing them around in football it might be believable we bully them in the boardroom as well. Or maybe the folks that always call the shots called the shots.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.