How bad is Huntley injury? How healthy will he be – 75%? 90%? Paging OnlyU.

Viewing 9 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

TIA

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I bet it will be similar to last week. He will want to go no matter what. Game time decision. 

In that 2018 home game I can’t believe the drops. Then in the championship game sooooooo many drops. I don’t want to see any drops that is what screws us against Washington and then critical mistakes. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

For what it’s worth, the “drops” were on the WRs; not Shelley.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Kuithe had a walk in touchdown in SEZ. Right in front of their idiotic barking fans. I want this win so badly. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

if i had to guess docs told him it would take 4+ weeks to fully heal (mcl?) and Huntley said f**k that ill play through it (and probably have a procedure done post season). He will play with a brace and be limited in the run game which will hurt how dynamic he is, fortunately hes improved so much with his arm that he can still be damn good 

we’ll find out

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Worried about this as well. Our offense is different without a mobile Huntley

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Well, that’s where Jason Shelley comes in. I think Ludwig’s game plan to not run Huntley and use Shelley as the runner when needed was absolutely brilliant. I expect Huntley to be healthier this week though. However, that being said, I really really like the Shelley package. He’s basically the Wildcat back right now. Also remember that it was Shelley, not Huntley, who led the team to their two most crucial victories last year against Oregon and @ Colorado. Plus I have nothing but confidence in Utah’s defense right now. They’re simply spectacular. Defense travels. I still am not that impressed with this year’s Washington team. This game smells of a Utah victory, even with the Huskies coming off of a bye.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

In terms of his mobility, he was 20-30% after the first few drives. He needs 3 weeks.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Hopefully, we can salvage as much as possible with Huntley under Center @ UWa, and then rest him until either Colo, or the CCG.  Shelley and Lisk can take on UCLA and Ariz, and if necessary even Colo.

It would certainly be nice if we can get Bam into the game.  If he’s ready.  QB needs as much protection as possible.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

We don’t need him against UCLA? Not so sure about that 

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Huntley in his post game interview said he was maybe 70% going into the Cal game. He also said give him one more week and he’ll be “1,000%” lol. By the looks of it I’d say he was more like 50% in the Cal game.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I wouldn’t expect a straight answer from OnlyU on this one. Coach Whitt doesn’t discuss season ending injuries.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Not expecting specifics.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think he’ll look good at first, but the injuries may catch up to him as the game progresses. Shelly looked very good last week.  I expect to see some of him. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

That’s okay. Given the current trend, we’ll be up 42 to -7 at the end of first half.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I expect Tyler to be quite a bit more mobile this week. Grade 1 MCL is typically 1-3 weeks so fingers crossed he’s closer to 2. Big game this week…came out very healthy outside of Kuithe on Saturday so should be close to full strength.

Cannot wait for this game. Go Utes!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Kuithe is good to go though ? He said on Saturday that he plans to play so I’ll assume he’s good.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

He finished the Cal game. He had a TD reception and that huge block on the sideline in the second half to help spring Moss. Hoping he’s just sore and he is able to go. He’s been a huge part of the offense for us.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How bad is Huntley injury? How healthy will he be – 75%? 90%? Paging OnlyU.