How TV games are scheduled in the PAC12

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Many people are upset that USC/OSU and Utah/OSU are scheduled to play on the PAC12 network.  The link below explains the complexities and how it happened.

PAC12 TV Games

2 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Many people are upset about many things. What is upsetting about this situation?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Fans want their team’s games played on national TV.  A lot more eyes on the game and much more publicity.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I am happy that the games are broadcast at all. We had some dark days 20 years ago.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I do agree with that.  When I was a kid – there was one game broadcast each Saturday at 1:30.  I listened to a lot of games on the radio in those days.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Radio was my preferred way to experience sports.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Yes, if I’m at home I could watch this game, but due to travel to east coast, probably no bueno.  So, no one mention the score until I get back to watch it on DVR. 😉

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

The internet makes it quite easy to watch broadcast games. I am happy to post a link to a feed when the game time approaches.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

P12 Network works for me. With all the bootleg streaming access, game is easy to find if you don’t have P12 network. As a fan, would rather watch the P12 crews than Gilmore, Papadankis, Herbstreit/Fowler, etc. The ESPN and Fox clowns know very little about the P12 teams other than USC they are broadcasting, mispronounce player names, and don’t add any interesting points to the broadcast. Herbstreit in the P12 Championship game referred to Utah in one instance as Ohio State. P12 crew provides much better content for the teams and conference as a whole before, during, and after the game. That said, P12 Network has many of its own issues beaten silly on social media Uncle George is going to fix…right???

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

you forgot the biggest advantage to a game on the P12 Network.,, at least i know that i will be able to watch from the opening kickoff. if it’s on the unpronounceable 4 letter network, it is guaranteed to start at least 30 minutes late on the scheduled channel.

As much as I hate the Larry Scott albatross, I’d still rather watch every second of bad camera angles, hokey announcers, and grainy picture instead of Texas Tech / NC State taking 45 minutes to get through the last 13 minutes of game clock.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How TV games are scheduled in the PAC12