How will the Utes get lucky and win at USC this week?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Since every win the Utes have this year is all because of luck I’m wondering how they will win this week?

Will Kessler have his worst game of the season like many other opposing quarterbacks? Will USC’s rushing offense have an off game and only get 15 yards for the whole game, just like happened for the lucky Ute defense last week against ASU? Will USC’s punter shank all his punts?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous
      Inactive

USC’s defense has an efficiency rating of 60%, which ranks them 47th in FBS. Their run defense is not great. UW’s Gaskin was gashing them and he’s nowhere near Booker’s level. Their receivers are pretty beat up, such that they’re moving Adoree Jackson over from defense. Their OL lost their starting center Max Tuerk and the rest of them are not strong. Utah should get plenty of pressure on Kessler.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well USC’s NFL talented Oline is going to get embarrassed. Lotulelei is the best dlineman in the nation that no one is talking about he will embarass USC’s center. If Kessler is expected or needed to throw a lot he will get pressured into bad throws.

I am interested what weird play they have dialed up for Covey. The one at Oregon worked. The Cal game attempted pass back to Wilson failed. And Covey’s pass with a slick ball failed.

I think this is a game where Wilson could have a lot of rushes. USC linebackers are suspect. Booker will have two or three monster plays.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can see that USC has had trouble winning games, but then I look at their roster and I wonder where the hell their weakness is. Their offense is full of upperclassmen, not a single freshman in the starting lineup. Names like Damien Mama, freak athletes and 5 star recruits. Their defense looks solid as well, one freshman cornerback, but we’ve seen freshman cornerbacks do very well. Su’a Cravens is a monster.

I don’t think we can count on USC playing a bad game like they have against other teams, nearly all their players played in last year’s game and they’ll be looking for revenge as I’m sure they think they should have won that game last season.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

USC was only in last year’s game because of 3 very timely Utah turnovers on the goal-line. Without those, the game wouldn’t have been even close. Just as much as USC will be looking to get revenge for last year, the Utes will be looking to show the nation that their win over the Trojans wasn’t a fluke.

USC is full of talent, but they are part of a program that part of it’s advantage it that it expects teams to come in and be intimidated. That advantage isn’t quite as effective the last few years.

Utah has many kids who had dreams of playing for USC and they didn’t quite make it, and as such they will be looking to make a big statement on Saturday.

I can’t be certain which USC team we’ll see Saturday, the downtrodden team who is reeling from coaching disarray or the team who is rallying to salvage their season, but I think the Utes have the discipline and drive to see this game through.

31-28 Utes!!!

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Luck? Yeah, I’ve heard that too from a certain butthurt fan base who’s ‘lucky’ their Big XII wannabes didn’t start the season 0-4.

But if I have to answer the question… Utah’s defense gets very ‘lucky’ and dominates USC almost to the point of embarrassment.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How will the Utes get lucky and win at USC this week?