How will Whitt use Rising?

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He is eligible to play and we are playing his former team.  I assume KW will find a way for him to play.  Do you think he will have a package of plays where he will play QB?  Will he play another position like WR?  Thoughts?

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

He’ll see reps at QB. Especially if we have a nice lead in the fourth quarter, I’d expect Rising to complete the game.

My guess is that Whitt will do something similar that he did with Huntley in the Foster Farms bowl where Williams was the starting QB, but Huntley came in in the 4th quarter. It was an acknowledgement for the hard work Huntley put in throughout the season and as a way of “passing the torch” to the next guy.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

If he sees the field in the bowl, I’d be surprised tbh.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think he gets in some time during the game. He has worked hard, been loyal and this is likely the only chance he will get to play his former team.  KW says that he is getting reps in practice. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Seems like the biggest need right now is safety.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Chase Hansen ain’t comin’ walkin’ through that door.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I’d put him in the booth with Scalley; might have some good insight on defending Texas based on players and formations.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Sounds good except Scalley doesn’t sit in the booth.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Ooops, yeah I now recall they always show Ludwig in the booth and Scalley on the sidelines.  Anyway, whereever he might help with calling the defense packages/plays.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Rising knows a bit about Texas and they know a bunch about him. Ludwig should have a package for him where he finds a situation where Texas would have an expectation about what he would do in the situation, then do the opposite. Another reason to bring him in early would be to get Texas busy thinking about defending another QB because it is not likely they will spend much time on him. It is a defensive distraction. But I would also consider the same with Shelley. If each has some success this becomes a lot of fun. Still I expect Huntley to be the main event. Both have worked hard enough to deserve some time, both are good enough to be part of the game plan, both would be jacked to have a part, and last, there is time to make it happen.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How will Whitt use Rising?