I am perfectly happy with our current pass catchers

Viewing 5 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

They are much better than our pre guy h. receivers. They haven’t been the problem. Our terrible QB and offensive line have been the problem. We have guys get open down field, then the QB gets rushed and/or misses them by a mile if they even get a pass off. 

we could absolutely use a true deep threat. However I do think the guys we have are sufficient but won’t blow anyone’s socks off

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The WR are ok, however, I do feel they need to get better at gaining separation. The TEs and Covey do seem to consistently separate. I hope the Utah coaches were watching how Sark used creative misdirection to get receivers leaking out without a defender. We ask a lot for a QB to throw to someone with only a step or two on their defender so often.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yes, they could be better, but I do believe that they could get more separation with more time. They are not elite, but they are good enough to get us to not hinder our path to the rose bowl.

I don’t think someone like ty Jones would noticeably improve our team.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

A step or two is all a P5 QB should need. If that’s asking too much you need a better QB.

1 2

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

We need a true deep threat WR to stretch the field with if we hope to compete for a conference title next season.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

We have several

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I’m just a fan, but I will always love receivers who know how to block and catch. Why do you think Patrick making power moves with the Broncos? 

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I agree 100%.  A good QB can make the throws needed and make the WR’s look amazing.  Whereas it takes a amazing WR to make a QB look good.  

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

it is tough to make a QB look good when your one target a game is a two-hopper off your ankle. Huntley’s senior season, he finally started throwing to where the receiver was going to be instead of where he was. Completion % went way up, YAC went way up, TO’s went way down and Utah had its first season of competent QB play in a decade.

DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle running routes would not have been able to make Bentley look good in 2020. But we were supposed to believe that the same guys who made Huntley look like an All-American in 2019 were no longer able to get open in 2020.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

I think we’re saying the say thing.  I stated an “amazing” WR.  There are only a few of those in the country.  

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

We need someone to take the top off, like Dixon could. Covey seems more of a slot WR then a burner. Maybe Money Parks will be that guy?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am perfectly happy with our current pass catchers