I don’t get the positive vibes from coming in 4th.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 5

Ute75
      Ute Fan
      @ute75

Yes, it’s better than 5th or 6th. But Utah had a realistic shot at competing for higher. Too many missed opportunities.

It’s not that they came in 4th that bothers me. It’s that they didn’t compete for 3rd.

9 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Really? Have you looked at the top 3 teams in the conference? Aren’t they all top 10 teams? We had 10 new players. Kuzma and Bonham are the only returning players we had that gave us any contribution. 

This year was a WILD success. 

I politely disagree with your accessment. 

My only complaint is our OOC schedule, but even then, we didn’t have our full team at the time. 

1 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I get it. And I feel the same a lot of the time. So many last minute blunders, nearly beating UCLA bla bla bla.  It was a good regular season, but could have been a great one without the missed opportunities.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Good Lord…

This team was picked to finish 8th in the conference by people who earn a living by knowing about this stuff. 8th! And many others thought that was generous.

Yes, there were missed opportunities, but there were other opportunities that weren’t missed. If we’re going to complain about missed opportunities, we also need to acknowledge the ones that weren’t (such as a close win over top-25 USC and sweeping the state of Washington in convincing fashion).

Sorry but this season was an overwhelming success, regardless of what happens from here on out.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Close win over USC?  We blew them away. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Given that the Utes seemed to be slipping to 5, I’ll take it.   They responded well after the debacle in Corvallis.

Gritted out a tough win in Boulder and didn’t give up in the Cal game despite a slow start.  Now lets see if they can pull off an upset in the Pac-12 Tourney.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I think good, not great, is an appropriate way to describe the season. Given the teams above us it’s really hard to complain about coming in fourth. The truly disappointing games were obviously Oregon State and not taking at least one on the NoCal road trip. UCLA was disappointing in its own way because we were so close to pulling off a win that in all likelihood puts us in the dance. We lack a signature win this year and that would have been it.

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

Going into the season they had 2 starters returning and were projected to finish 8th!! Finishing with 20 wins and a 4 seed is overachieving and a great season to pretty much everyone but Utah fans for some reason.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

Yes, it was overachieving in the big scheme of things. But after the Utes went on the road and beat the Washington schools by like 70 combined points and played UCLA to the wire, local expectations grew. Most of us thought we could be an NCAA tournament team.

The losses at Cal, Stanford and especially Oregon State — along with the too-close-for-comfort home win against WSU proved we had waaaay more issues than we thought in January. We are an NIT team, which is ok for a rebuilding year. Still, it’s frustrating when you know that with just a couple more wins we’d be an NCAA team.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

this sounds like Utah football.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I don’t get the positive vibes from coming in 4th.