I had a thought in the morning before the USC/UCLA news broke

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

that this could be the biggest season ever for Utah football. After that news, it feels solidified to me. Making back to back Rose bowls (or a Rose bowl followed by a CFP appearance) would be an accomplishment on a level that few have ever achieved, something that this school may never achieve again, and now, something we may not have the chance to ever achieve again. It would truly be legendary. What an opportunity for this team. Go get this boys.

Then theres the whole part of it where it could bolster our case to join one of the P2s. Not sure it would be enough, but it surely wouldnt hurt.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

also, ive said this before, but the first thought I had after the news broke is that Mark Harlan has become the most important AD in Utah history.

ColumbiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @columbiaute

With the the rose bowl losing its luster in two years, I hope utah wins it. However, in two years the rose bowl will be a semi final location. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

If the P12 somehow survives with an ACC or B12 merger of some kind. The P12 should do everything without breaking legal/contractual agreements to make it as miserable as possible for UCLA and USC over the next two years. This next season is going to be very interesting. 

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Like playing the first 2023 conference games in the heat of Tucson and Tempe, followed by playing their last games in the snow in SLC and Boulder?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Woke up thinking Notre Dame and Pac12 are pretty quiet. If Kliavkoff can swing a home run with ACC and NBC as the TV partner to combat Fox and ESPN, he’d have an East and West Coast conference with Notre Dame, Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, Duke, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and a championship game in Vegas… Hope Utah doesn’t jump to the little xii too soon!

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

100%. This is now or (probably) never for Utah. This may be our best and only shot ever again at the playoff or a natty. Beyond that, it is critical to attempt to position us for the B1G or SEC (which we shouldn’t discount as geography no longer matters).

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I had a thought in the morning before the USC/UCLA news broke