I just don’t understand why Shelley would be allowed to play in Saturday’s game.

Viewing 6 reply threads
      5 4

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

If he were to go down and not be available for the Conference Championship – that would be horrible.  Frankly, there are others I would sit out as well. We just don’t need to risk it and we don’t need them to win.

Seems like a no-brainer. 

6 3

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

100% agree. No starter should play that game.  Any injuries in a meaningless non-conference game could significantly hurt our chances in a very meaningful conference championship game.  Even beyond injuries, but personal fouls and/or targeting, especially in the second half, could have serious repercussions.  e.g. Imagine losing Chase Hansen for the first half of the CCG game because of a phantom targeting call against BYU.

5 3

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

I agree with this completely, but it seems to be an unpopular opinion around here.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Don’t know if it’s unpopular, it’s just not happening. Whitt said he’s not resting the starters, so there’s really nothing else to discuss.

homer
            Ute Fan
            @homer

Listening closely I heard Kyle answer a question with a question.  

I heard from someone,(yeah I know sister in law’s boyfriend’s barber), not to be surprised if some starters rested this game. 

A compromise might be let senior start and play a series or the 1st quarter. Tell them that for the team’s good, they need to get it done in a small amount of time if they want to make a statement this game.

13 1

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

The elephant in the room is that this game should NEVER HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED!

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I agree and disagree. On one hand, it’s dumb to risk injury. On the other hand, you’re dealing with a bunch of competitive kids who WANT to play. Like Kyle said yesterday, how are you going to tell your guys they won’t be playing? Hopefully we can just get a big lead and sit players in the 2nd half.

11 2

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

He needs live game practice, sitting him would be foolish.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I see both sides but also if the kids want to play it is their bodies. Also telling kids NOT to do something usually has unintentional and unpredictable consequences. 

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

Once there is a 5 touchdown lead in the first quarter, we will bench him.

(Vegas Bowl Precedence.)

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I just don’t understand why Shelley would be allowed to play in Saturday’s game.