I think Troy Taylor is a keeper

Viewing 6 reply threads

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

My biggest concern is that next year we could become scary good on offense. And then Taylor gets poached for a head coaching job. Enjoying it while it lasts.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

That’s certainly a possibility. But the saying “it’s better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all” applies to the football world as well.

I agree, we have a good one in Troy Taylor. Let’s enjoy him while he’s here.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

That’s part of it. Most P5 colleges won’t come after a guy with only three years in major college football as an OC. An FCS school or G5 might though.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Eastern Washington will want him back as head coach. If not, somebody in the Mountain West probably.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Eastern would be an 80% pay cut. But I think Fresno would work hard to get him, assuming Tedford leaves (rumors have him going to USC). That puts Troy back in his old stomping grounds, where he is still a legend as a QB developer and HS coach. Tedford made $1.55M, and that is hard to turn down.

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

If anything I hope for his success if for no other reason than to show that Whit will allow him to thrive. And hopefully it will promote other OCs to want to come here.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

My biggest concern is that next year we could become scary good on offense. And then Taylor gets poached for a head coaching job. Enjoying it while it lasts.

My response…  Whitt said a few years ago he would rather have assistants that are desired, rather than ones no one wants.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I hope he stays through next year at the earliest. Whitt has made several important and masterful hires over the last few years, despite what Twitter and Facebook morons were saying last week.

The last several years saw him hire Troy Taylor, Guy Holliday (HUGE improvement in our receivers), Gary Andersen, Sharrieff Shah, he kept Morgan Scalley, and so far has kept Jim Harding. Kiel Johnson was a great pickup, and Justin Ena has turned out LBs into monsters.  Lewis Powell was a great hire too, especially for recruiting. Even Freddie Whitt has been a good hire at the field level because he has made the TEs much better.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I think Troy Taylor is a keeper