I think we match up a bit better with UW

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, I hope WSU wins.  A win against them would mean more at this point.

Honestly, I don’t care that much.  I am happy to be playing and hope we play our best game of the season.  I would love to play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

TSKCoug
      Ute Fan
      @tskcoug

I hope WSU wins too! Then gives the Utes the Arizona treatment! In all seriousness, should WSU trip up in the Apple Cup which they do all the time. I’ll be a temporary big Ute fan when you play the Pooches.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

are you a WSU Cougar or another kind?

Until Leach beats UW I have to go with the Huskies. Those past few Apple Cups haven’t even been close.

TSKCoug
          Ute Fan
          @tskcoug

sweetgrass,

A WSU Cougar here! From the university first to adopt the mascot….1919, the other two were latecomers and thus rank impostors 🙂 (BYU in 1923 and University of Houston in 1927). But yes UW has always had the edge in the Apple Cup. Just hoping my Cougs can finally beat the Dawgs badly when there is so much on the line.

MussMan
      Ute Fan
      @mussman

The ranking of the team we play doesn’t matter. We’re not getting to the playoffs either way. If we win, we go to the Rose bowl, so I’d rather play the team we match up the best against.

I’d rather play UW. We match up better with them, and their fans make me want revenge on them worse than WSU.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

The thing with WSU is we didn’t have that much film on Minshew. Now that we do, I think we could do pretty well against him. Especially since our defense is healthy. I like our chances with UW, but they have a much better rush defense, and while Shyne is great, Moss was at another level. Plus Gaskin is a tough match up. I dunno, either team is tough, but I think Wazzu is who I want at this point.

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

I agree, definitely hoping for WSU even though it is likely a worse match up for us.

I just don’t want there to be any chance that Washington comes away with a title. The favortism in the PAC is unreal, and it would give me no greater pleasure than to force them to crown a new champion while their “preferred” teams watch from home.

alharmon
      @alharmon

I like our chances against either team. We are a much different team since we played either of them. 

TSKCoug
        Ute Fan
        @tskcoug

And the Cougars are a much different team since you played them before too. Better hope WSU doesn’t jump up big on Utah early, could be a very steep hill for the Utes to climb.

But all in fun, I think should the WSU/Utah rematch happen it can’t fail but to be an interesting entertaining game.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

Given the officiating in this conference, it is quite possible that NEITHER of our first string defenses will even be allowed to play. Let’s just hope all the targeting calls happen in the 1st half for both our teams this week. 🙂 

Seriously, FIRE LARRY SCOTT!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I think we match up a bit better with UW